• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 constantly stalls during export at 81%

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4k project which, regardless of the codec I use to export, will stop "encoding" (stall) at 81%

I have tried prerendering the entire sequence, no issues during pre-render - entire sequence was green

tried export to h264, and Apple ProRes...consistently every time it hits 81% it stops...

Tried uninstalling/re-installing the entire creative cloud suite

There doesn't appear to be any hardware issues though here are the details:

windows 11/ Premiere Pro 2022

intel i9 12th gen

64gb ram

nvidia 3080 gpu (latest nvidia studio driver)

2tb hard nvme ssd (samsung 980)

all drivers up to date

I don't know what's happening at 81% to troubleshoot what's going on. 

Any ideas how to see what part of the process the export is on to identify the failure?

Premiere is essentially unusable if there's no way for me to render my project. Please help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Ensure you have enough drive free space.

2. Try queueing the export to the Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also suddenly have a project which exported fine, and since doing the latest update it stalls at 85% despite having plenty of disk space and lots of ram. I've tried this on two machine now iMac 2017 64GB ram and M1 Max MBP 32/32. Same issue. I can't render my project out anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried in Media encoder as well as direct rendering. I've tried rendering to Pro Res and mp4. Same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a brand-new, empty project in Pr. Go to File>Import and import your old project file into the new project. Try exporting again.

For clarity's sake, I want to differentiate between "rendering" and "exporting". Rendering is what you do in your timeline to allow heavy effects to play back smoothly while you edit. Exporting is when you use your timeline to create a separate file for delivery to a client or for uploading to a video hosting site. It does make a difference when trying to troubleshoot issues and we all need to be singing from the same sheet of music.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - Exporting is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the new project/import project step I mentioned? If so, please post your results, good or bad. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same issue.  Also - just now one of my other timelines for this film (which i've just extended to beyond 34 mins adding a section) has suddenly done the same behaviour - basically 34 mins, I suddenly can't playback any more and if I try to export it freezes at 34 mins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix for the stalling issue, it's a weirdly simple fix (at least for me). I did ctrl + a to select everything in the timeline, then I moved the entire sequence past the specific point in the timeline that was causing the issue. Then I exported and it magically worked. Might be a sporadic timeline bug in the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok- how odd... i'm noticing that mine gets stuck at around 34 mins in the timeline.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try moving your entire sequence past the 34 minute mark and try export again. Meaning, move the beginning of your project past the error point in the timeline, then export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have this same problem. Seems like a weird hack but worth it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - so I tried your workaround and it worked!  I put the whole timeline to the hour mark and then exported from there. Something very weird going on here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

34 minutes here too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

34 mins of doom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved my life lol. I had to use the software only when rendering It said 5hrs Remaining for 20min Video since when I used GPU it would just stop. Moved it past 34mins on the timeline and Switched back to GPU CUDA and it worked. Now it only takes 8min To Render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'll be damned,  I moved the sequence up about 10 seconds and then it exported just fine.  Weird and simple indeed.  Thank you for the tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This worked for me, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting the same result when exporting as Image sequence ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried, but I can't say I'm keen to export an image sequence of ACT 3 of a 2 hour long documentary..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem today. What solved it for me is very confusing. I had a stereo track that was set to output to only the center channel in a 5.1 surround master. I only had one audio file for the entire sequence that was placed in that track. Deleting that audio file allowed my render to complete. The weird thing is, the place it stalled at was several minutes beyond where that audio file was placed on the timeline, so it's as if that audio configuration caused a glitch in the renderer at that specific time code. 

If you haven't tried it yet, I would recommend trying to export without audio and see if that works. If it does, then experiment with making adjustments to your audio. It's possible that the problematic audio isn't even close to where the encoding stalls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to render as well after the update using Media Encoder. It must be update 22.3 because the day before I was able to render. Right now I have rolled back the update of Adobe Premeier to 22.2 but keeping Media Encoder as 22.3 to see if I can complete a render. I have noticed the different option screen when choosing whether to render in Premeier or export using the Encoder. 

Nope still stops around 80%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revered back to 22.2 for both Media Encoder and Premeire works fine now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's seems to be a bug. I found a rather simple fix for it, works for me. 

Move all the footage from your timeline beyond the point of the problematic time whitch seems to be around 34:00-35:00 minutes, move it past to lets say, 40:00 minutes. and then export it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, freezes in 34 min, only solution to move entire timeline past 35 min

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines