I have a 4k project which, regardless of the codec I use to export, will stop "encoding" (stall) at 81%
I have tried prerendering the entire sequence, no issues during pre-render - entire sequence was green
tried export to h264, and Apple ProRes...consistently every time it hits 81% it stops...
Tried uninstalling/re-installing the entire creative cloud suite
There doesn't appear to be any hardware issues though here are the details:
windows 11/ Premiere Pro 2022
intel i9 12th gen
nvidia 3080 gpu (latest nvidia studio driver)
2tb hard nvme ssd (samsung 980)
all drivers up to date
I don't know what's happening at 81% to troubleshoot what's going on.
Any ideas how to see what part of the process the export is on to identify the failure?
Premiere is essentially unusable if there's no way for me to render my project. Please help!
1. Ensure you have enough drive free space.
2. Try queueing the export to the Media Encoder.
I also suddenly have a project which exported fine, and since doing the latest update it stalls at 85% despite having plenty of disk space and lots of ram. I've tried this on two machine now iMac 2017 64GB ram and M1 Max MBP 32/32. Same issue. I can't render my project out anymore.
I've also tried in Media encoder as well as direct rendering. I've tried rendering to Pro Res and mp4. Same thing.
Create a brand-new, empty project in Pr. Go to File>Import and import your old project file into the new project. Try exporting again.
For clarity's sake, I want to differentiate between "rendering" and "exporting". Rendering is what you do in your timeline to allow heavy effects to play back smoothly while you edit. Exporting is when you use your timeline to create a separate file for delivery to a client or for uploading to a video hosting site. It does make a difference when trying to troubleshoot issues and we all need to be singing from the same sheet of music.
Yes - Exporting is the problem
Did you try the new project/import project step I mentioned? If so, please post your results, good or bad. Thanks!
Yes same issue. Also - just now one of my other timelines for this film (which i've just extended to beyond 34 mins adding a section) has suddenly done the same behaviour - basically 34 mins, I suddenly can't playback any more and if I try to export it freezes at 34 mins.
I found a fix for the stalling issue, it's a weirdly simple fix (at least for me). I did ctrl + a to select everything in the timeline, then I moved the entire sequence past the specific point in the timeline that was causing the issue. Then I exported and it magically worked. Might be a sporadic timeline bug in the new update.
Ok- how odd... i'm noticing that mine gets stuck at around 34 mins in the timeline....
Try moving your entire sequence past the 34 minute mark and try export again. Meaning, move the beginning of your project past the error point in the timeline, then export.
have this same problem. Seems like a weird hack but worth it
Yes - so I tried your workaround and it worked! I put the whole timeline to the hour mark and then exported from there. Something very weird going on here!
34 minutes here too!
34 mins of doom!
This saved my life lol. I had to use the software only when rendering It said 5hrs Remaining for 20min Video since when I used GPU it would just stop. Moved it past 34mins on the timeline and Switched back to GPU CUDA and it worked. Now it only takes 8min To Render.
Well I'll be damned, I moved the sequence up about 10 seconds and then it exported just fine. Weird and simple indeed. Thank you for the tips!
Are you getting the same result when exporting as Image sequence ?
I haven't tried, but I can't say I'm keen to export an image sequence of ACT 3 of a 2 hour long documentary..
I had a similar problem today. What solved it for me is very confusing. I had a stereo track that was set to output to only the center channel in a 5.1 surround master. I only had one audio file for the entire sequence that was placed in that track. Deleting that audio file allowed my render to complete. The weird thing is, the place it stalled at was several minutes beyond where that audio file was placed on the timeline, so it's as if that audio configuration caused a glitch in the renderer at that specific time code.
If you haven't tried it yet, I would recommend trying to export without audio and see if that works. If it does, then experiment with making adjustments to your audio. It's possible that the problematic audio isn't even close to where the encoding stalls.
Unable to render as well after the update using Media Encoder. It must be update 22.3 because the day before I was able to render. Right now I have rolled back the update of Adobe Premeier to 22.2 but keeping Media Encoder as 22.3 to see if I can complete a render. I have noticed the different option screen when choosing whether to render in Premeier or export using the Encoder.
Nope still stops around 80%
Revered back to 22.2 for both Media Encoder and Premeire works fine now.
Well, it's seems to be a bug. I found a rather simple fix for it, works for me.
Move all the footage from your timeline beyond the point of the problematic time whitch seems to be around 34:00-35:00 minutes, move it past to lets say, 40:00 minutes. and then export it.
Same here, freezes in 34 min, only solution to move entire timeline past 35 min
nah mine is still Stunning in 8 percent
with moving footage in time line ! nothing get change ! i think it should related to my GPU! Cause i have`nt GPU and it uses inteUHD im going to search about OpenCL ( another PC with GPU done all things well ! But this one...)
Powerful video collaboration and approval features newly integrated in Premiere Pro