• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 constantly stalls during export at 81%

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4k project which, regardless of the codec I use to export, will stop "encoding" (stall) at 81%

I have tried prerendering the entire sequence, no issues during pre-render - entire sequence was green

tried export to h264, and Apple ProRes...consistently every time it hits 81% it stops...

Tried uninstalling/re-installing the entire creative cloud suite

There doesn't appear to be any hardware issues though here are the details:

windows 11/ Premiere Pro 2022

intel i9 12th gen

64gb ram

nvidia 3080 gpu (latest nvidia studio driver)

2tb hard nvme ssd (samsung 980)

all drivers up to date

I don't know what's happening at 81% to troubleshoot what's going on. 

Any ideas how to see what part of the process the export is on to identify the failure?

Premiere is essentially unusable if there's no way for me to render my project. Please help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nah mine is still Stunning in 8 percent
or 12
or 18
with moving footage in time line ! nothing get change ! i think it should related to my GPU! Cause i have`nt GPU and it uses inteUHD im going to search about OpenCL  ( another PC with GPU done all things well ! But this one...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yeah as i though in my case problem solved with changing Video Renderer in Project Setting from mercury playback GPU to Software only ( i gues it can be related to the GPU Driver!)
a little Graphic part has been affected but in my simple work , its fine to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruh no way! Tried every solution in the book but ultimately this was what worked. Can't thank you enough. What's up with premiere that it keeps getting stuck at the 16 mins mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Premiere always "sticks" at some point in exporting a sequence, then ... go to that point in the sequence. Remember, sequences exist only as metadata about what's being done, right?

So ... there may be a corrupt bit of data there. Or something is wonky due to process order issues.

So ... check that spot. Sometimes, simply cutting a clip out, replacing it, fixes the error. Sometimes, like if mulitple heavy effects are used at that spot, applying one, then nesting the clip, then applying the other to the nested clip fixes process order issues.

It's that sort of troubleshooting that's needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Pr are you using. This issue should have been fixed in 22.4 or 22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still exists. I have the same issue in 22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try switching software rendering instead of hardware acceleration? What happens when you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You memorized one work around and every Tom, Dick and Harry on the internet is asking this damn question for more than 6 years.

Why would he do that?? Why are you asking him to disable his gpu? That's what it does. You people including Adobe staff has been asking us to DISABLE our graphics cards to render a sequence for many years now and this is pathetic. 

I'm not paying $600 to an editing software to render out a feature film by disabling my gpu. That is NOT a real solution. Instead of telling people to downgrade, why don't you fix the problem? An editing software that cannot export is like a joke. I'm stuck but I'm too deep in the project to switch to another nle right now but as soon as I can get a render, I'm done with your useless software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, like myself, IS NOT an Adobe staffer! He's a volunteer simply trying to help other users. So ... a little understanding on your part might be nice, you know?

Second, his suggestion is part of basic troubleshooting practices! And isn't meant as a "final fix" ... it's a step of the process to anylzye, diagnose, then suggest a fix.

As among the million or so apparent users of the application, the total number having the same issue you're having is likely to be relatively low. So ... we need to know what is going on in your specific situation to work through getting your work flowing again.

And ... if you're working a feature film in one massive project file, you're doing it wrong to begin with. That process bogs your entire system down if you build one project out to hundreds or thousands of assets.

Use their Production system instead. Runs a TON lighter on your system, avoids duplicating assets ... and can handle massive projects without nearly the troubles nor strain on your system.

Neil

Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide

Premiere Pro Productions Introduction

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what my problem is. EveryTom, Dick and Harry is suggesting the same lazy fix "Use software not hardware" which is not a solution.

Come on man, this problem has been going on for many years and like a one trick pony Adobe is totally relying on this lazy and inefficient work around for YEARS rather than fixing the real issue with a more concrete solution. 

Second, I'm on production workflow so I'm not doing anything wrong here at all. I was having problems with a single project file setup and someone recommended me this workflow so I switched but to be honest I have not seen a single benefit in terms of performance or stability. Same crashes, same bugs and glitches.

Also, my setup should not "bog down" as I have a monster system which edits, plays and grades like butter in Davinci. By monster, I'm talking about threadripper cpu/128 gb ram and 3090 ti along with a NAS backup+NVME cache drive combo. System temp is watercooled and steady around 50.

There are multiple people here with monster graphics cards/ram setup that they can't even freaking adjust color via lumetri. They get the black screen or it just crashes instantly.  

Premiere is not capable of handling hi res files or a complex workflow, simple as that. It runs on an ancient backbone from the 90's and Adobe never bothered to restructure it from the ground up. It struggles with R3d files, it struggles with H264/265, what else is left??

Why do I have to waste my hours trying to get an export when I can get it at lightning speed using Voukoder in Davinci? I don't have to create a special project or disable my $2000 gpu. It just works so obviously there's something wrong here and it is not my machine.

Hell, even AE hasn't crashed on me when using lumetri for once. The only problem I had with it was rotoscoping and it got fixed with a later update. It is pretty stable and works well with almost all file types on my setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For comparison, I've got a 3960X 24-core Ryzen, 128GB of RAM, 2080Ti, a pair of Nvme drives for OS/sytem and cache files, 8 other large SSDs for media/projects & etc.

And Premiere 22.5 is screaming on my system at the moment without issues. It's also playing great on my 4-year old Acer laptop. I get a bit better playback in Premiere than Resolve ... just up to R18 now, so the latest there.

As someone who both works in both Pr and Resolve, and teaches people who work primarily in Resolve how to work in Lumetri ... I'm on both BM and Adobe forums. And hear a lot of things from heavy Resolve users.

The variability between users on both apps right now is incredibly frustrating.

There's a guy who posted on here, the only difference I recall between his rig & mine was he had "only" 64GB of RAM ... so I suspect his was also a Puget build. And he was getting crap every day in Premiere. With BRAW, primarily ... like ... me.

So why is that working beautifullly on mine, and lousy on his? Got no answer on that.

But then my Resolve based friends all have lenghthy lists of bugs & feature needs that have been through several major releases there without being fixed too. And ... there's complaints of buggy/odd behavior on the R-based forums.

That look amazingly like (to my brain) so many of the issues here. So I'm thinking that trying to be the end-all of end-alls across all operating systems, media, workflows, and deliverable needs might not be as good an idea as we users might prefer. As BM is also trying to emulate the Adobe be-all process.

So ... total symapthy at this point. If you're one of the ones "blessed" with crap, that's a right pain and one is quite righteous in being allowed to rant!

In the end, these are all tools. Fancy hammers. Something we use only because we have work that needs doing.

So use what works ... and if on your rig, with your media/workflow/deliverables, Resolve works better, use it. It might not after loading the full project in, but ... it just might.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Davinci 17 since early 2020 and it didn't crash on me even for once. So I don't know what issues/bugs some people are going through but I have absolutely zero issues on my both systems one AMD one Intel. 

My suspicion is that one of the main culprits is the Windows updates. I don't have Pro so I cannot disable it permanently. Eventually it comes back somehow which should be totally illegal.

They may own the software but the computer is my personal property so trying to upload crap without having my consent should be unlawful somewhere in the book.

But since the government uses this, nobody takes action and all lawyers look the other way. And every single time I get a forced update, I immediately start having more problems with Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines