• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 Crash Fix - CoreMelt Plug-ins

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will admit that I have a lot of bloat on my machine so this may help other people who are experiencing startup crashes with 2022.

I found that CoreMelt plugins (they havent been used on my system for maybe 5 years) will crash Premiere Pro 2022 on MacOS on startup. So if you have coremelt, here's how to uninstall if you dont have the uninstaller around. https://support.coremelt.com/hc/en-gb/articles/229163687-How-do-I-uninstall-remove-CoreMelt-plugins

Maybe your system is hanging on other incompatible plug-ins, here's how to find out on MacOS: Open Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Pro/22.0/Plugin Loading.log. Scroll all the way to the bottom and see which plugin Premiere attempted to load last. Most likely thats the one that crashed the app.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip--CoreMelt was my issue too. Plugins always seem to be the issue when new versions won't open. I found my CoreMelt installation at:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you posting this info, Brett. It solved my crash on startup problems with PPro 2022. A folder of GoPro plugins was the culprit in my case. Your tip about the looking at the Plugin Loading.log file was key. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you find out what the plugin that is the issue?  I cannot figure why mine keeps crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I go about fixing this issue? Its givng me a folder of GoPro plugins as well. I appreciate your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The culprit for me was the CoreMelt plugins, but one of the uninstall apps (Lock and Load) needs to be updated to run 64-bit... geeeeeeeeezzzzz.

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 8.17.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also note that I'm running Mac OS Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried everything. I have catalina 10.15 on a mid 2012 macbook pro with 16 gb ram. 

I have cleared preferences and deleted the one coremelt i found. I have checked system preferences and made sure documents was checked. Ive restarted the computer multiple times. 

Everytime i click premiere the starting screen pops up, i see it loading the files and stuff really fast then it just disspaears and says not responding in the force quit window. It doesnt even open hasnt opened since i got it. Any other suggestions would be very helpful as ive looked at every forum and tried all the suggestions already. thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're still having trouble. Other plug-ins have caused my Premiere to crash in the past so I'd suggest getting rid of anything that lives in your plug-ins directory, mine's at:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/

Probably moving out less essential ones first, a trial and error approach until Premiere starts, fingers crossed. And you can just temporarily move them to your desktop or somewhere so if it ends up not making a difference you can put them back when you're done.

On the Premiere loading screen, once I was able to see which file stopped it and go directly to that file and delete it.  Kind of ridiculous. There's probably a crash log somewhere but I've never been able to find one.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you it works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines