Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 has trouble loading up my projects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey team,

So since I have updated to the 2022 version of Premiere Pro, my projects don't seem to want to load. The program just sits there for ages and comes up unresponsive. Since then I have been resetting my preferences, it seem to do the job, but then have to do the same thing every time I open the project. So is this a thing now that we have to do everytime until it is fixed? Or am I missing something?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

If the expert's suggestions don't help, try this:

1. Open Premiere Pro by holding down the option key at startup to reset the preferences.
  2. Go to Window > Workspaces > uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.
  3. Open your project.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Manually dump all of your media cache files by throwing the folders in the system trash can. Sometimes older cache files can lead to problems; there's no issue with letting them do a fresh rebuild.

2. Reset prefs one more time by holding down the option key at starup.

3. Create a new, blank project and IMPORT your previous project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and it worked. But when I came back the next day and tried opening it again, it came up with the same problem. I then tried @nishu_kush's method and that worked the next time I reopenend the file. But thank you for the input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

If the expert's suggestions don't help, try this:

1. Open Premiere Pro by holding down the option key at startup to reset the preferences.
  2. Go to Window > Workspaces > uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.
  3. Open your project.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Unchecking that import option did the job for re-opening the project each time. 👍 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nishu,

I tried this method as I am having the same issues, and the problem still persists when using my Macbook M1 Pro.  I've also tried the following over the last few days:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Premier Pro 
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Installing older versions of Premier Pro
  • Using Intel versions
  • Deleting the cache files via Premier Pro
  • Deleting the catch files manually
  • Opening the projects via the “Open Project” tab
  • Creating a new, blank project and IMPORT your previous project into it
  • Disconnect from the cloud syncing (Dropbox) when opening Premier Pro

I haven't been able to work on any projects for nearly a week so any help will be appreciated!

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nishu, you are my hero! I've been struggling with this for HOURS on MacOS Sonoma. Everything was working fine last night and then suddently stopped today. This fixed it! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

I am usin Premiere Pro 2024 the newest, I tried this method when a project won't open but the problem still persists.... what should I do? I already tried re-installing Premiere, restarting computer, clearing media cache, uncheck import workspace and everything I found on the internet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nishu! This did the job in one go.
I was in dire need of a solution but none of the solutions had worked out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to 2022 and the only projrect I've been able to open so far is an empty one. I've tried resetting settings and deleting cache. So far nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reverted back to the previous version, removed the migrated production (prodset) files, and have been able to open my project again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For migrating ... safely!

First, MAKE SURE, EVERY TIME!! ... that during the upgrade actions in the Creative Cloud desktop app, that the option to 'remove prior versions' is NOT checked. That bad boy keeps coming back no matter how many times you uncheck it.

Now, the best and most likely way to get a usable migration of a project forward is:

• Create a NEW project file in the new version
  • From that project's MediaBrowser panel, navigate to the old version project file.
  • Right-click the file, and Import or Ingest the contents of that project file into the new one.

This does two things ... you get the best chance of proper metadata import into the new version, and ... the old project file is untouched and able to be used in the prior version.

Which ... if you make sure is still available, is something that from time to time you have to do.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines