Premiere Pro 2022 .srt file won't import

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm trying to import a .srt file for captions into 2022, but each time I attempt to import the file, Premiere Pro 2022 freezes and I have to force it to quit.  Huh?  I tried to import the same file into Premiere Pro 2021 and it worked fine.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this, so I welcome your thoughts.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any "odd" characters in the filename? Like !@#$%^&*() etc? There is know issue with that. Make the export name simple and rename it afterwards.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import SRTs into Premiere 2022 quite a lot. Since a SRT is just a text document, the first thing I would try is to create a new file and copy the contents of your previous SRT in. If that still causes a problem, then maybe there's a special character or something else going on inside the actual text of the SRT that's causing a problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this thread and examples there.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/importing-srt-file-incomplete-text/m-p/11641...

Importing to PR 2021 is very odd, since there have been no changes that would account for that. Are you sure that PR 2021 is not importing from a different folder?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines