• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 stuck at Locating media

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere pro 2022 (v 22.0) and it isn't opening my project, it gets stuck at "Locating Media...".. and when i press "cancel" the program stops responding and crashes.

I'm on iMac OS Monterey 12.0.1

The Project is saved on my desktop, and it contains After Effects Layers, also on After Effects 22.0.1.

I tried everyhting I found from restarting the computer, to clearnig the cache, to resetting Premiere Pro's settings (or whatever its called where you press option on start up) to changing the project's location to an external drive, to uninstalling then reinstalling Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder and even Photoshop and Illustraitor just in case they had anything to do with this issue, but nothing worked.

I'm still unable to open the project, i cant even import it to a new project because it doesnt even open, and I can't downgrade to Premiere Pro 2021's version becasue the project was created on Premiere Pro 2022 and we can't open v22 files on v21..

Is there any way to fix this issue? This is a very important project that I worked on for days

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

UPDATE: SOLVED!!

I got assistance from adobe for this and it was finally solved by going to After Effects >Prefrences > Memory and Performance and the disabling Multi Frame Rendering..

Apparently in the latest version of AE, Multi Frame Rendering is causing an issue with Dynamic Link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I had some luck opening AE and saving as a new file and deleting the old one and then linking the media manually in Premeire. This worked for a few hours but now linking the media manually crashes it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to open and load media normally on AE, the problem is opening the Premiere Pro project 😞 still can't find a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should have clarified. For me at least when Premiere was stuck on locating media and wouldn't open, moving/changing the names of the AE files got Premiere to open and then I relinked manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point this was the only way I could work on the projects but I had to constantly delete every AE layer and then adding it manually again..

My issue was solved so if you're still having troubles with it, check the answer I provided and I hope it works with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the footage stored? I've seen this happen when a project wants to access footage in a OneDrive or DropBox folder that is using smart sync (or similar). Meaning that the footage is online and needs to be downloaded first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I mentioned, the project and all its media files are stored on my desktop, not on any external or cloud drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your prefs and cache:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgVCimgmSPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now resetting my prefs multiple times a day just to be able to edit.  This is absurd for a "professional" piece of software that is over 20 years old.

version 2018 worked great, but I cannot install on my new computer...better computer; worse software.  I do not understand what adobe is doing.  They should fire the entire development team and start over because I know I am not alone in saying I cannot work like this.

The other day I had a crash and lost 15 minutes work (doesnt sem like a lot but in an edit it is).  I had reset my prefs and forgot to change auto save from the ridiculous default od 15 minutes to 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's how I solved it

I was trying to open an existing project (large file from my external HD) on premiere and I kept getting the same error... I went to reset my computer only to find out I was uploading a large video to youtube through the same hard drive. I totally forgot about that since it had been some time. 

So it wasn't opening on Premiere pro because it was feeding a large file to youtube and I believe it was struggling to open up a large file on Premiere. 

Waited for the upload to youtube to complete, worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, like I mentioned, I already did and it didnt solve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: SOLVED!!

I got assistance from adobe for this and it was finally solved by going to After Effects >Prefrences > Memory and Performance and the disabling Multi Frame Rendering..

Apparently in the latest version of AE, Multi Frame Rendering is causing an issue with Dynamic Link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines