• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 suddenly won't even start in Mac OS Catalina ver 10.15.7

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded a plugin called "GoPro-FX-Reframe-Plugin-1.2.2.164" so I could edit 360 degree footage in Premiere.  Right after I did this, Premiere Pro won't even open anymore.  

What I've already tried:

• Uninstalling Premiere Pro and Installing the application again via Creative Cloud app.

• Mac OS X System Update

• Restarting iMac computer

This is the message I'm seeing every time I try to open Premiere:

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 5.17.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-18 at 5.18.27 PM.png

Please help.  I need to continue editing ASAP, and this has completely shut me down.  

--Charles

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

Sorry about that! Think the issue, I would think, is around the GoPro-FX-Reframe-Plugin. Have you run an uninstaller for that plug-in yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

How do you uninstall a plugin?  I know how to uninstall applications, but not sure how I could find this specific plug-in and uninstall.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

You can check this link for the location of third-party plugins. Also, you can follow more suggestions provided: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-troubleshoot-premiere-pro-crash-a...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I just got Premiere working again!  As suspected, the GoPro-FX-Reframe-Plugin was the problem, and I deleted the plugin by following the following step:

Stuck at Initializing MediaCore or while loading third-party plugins:

Navigate to the default plugin location and move all the plugins from the MediaCore folder to a folder on the desktop and then check if the app is launching properly.

Default plugin location:
Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore
macOS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

Once I navigated to "MediaCore" folder in macOS, I was able to delete the GoPro plugin, and then Premiere opened without crashing.  Issue resolved 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines