• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022: Timeline displays (some) stereo audio clips as single-channel, but not sequences

Engaged ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Got a weird one for you this time. Short version--Premiere crashed earlier today, and since then, in the project I was working on the timeline shows audio clips as single-channel as if they're mono (none of them are, they're all stereo). Yet, the same project shows all sequences as dual-channel like normal.

Open another project, all is normal, so it's apparently something with this specific project.

I've gone through and done all the usual stuff that helps when something like this happens (clearing preferences, clearing media cache files, remove/reinstall Premiere, et cetera), to no avail. Even re-importing the audio files isn't helping, which is surprising because that's usually the fix for weird things like this.

Anybody ever seen anything like this? Any idea how to fix it/resolve it?

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Alright, I think I figured it out, but it doesn't make much sense--somehow the right channels for all the audio clips in the project were deactivated. I had to manually go through and re-enable the right-hand channels, and now everything's all set.

Still don't quite understand how something like that could happen--is there a keyboard shortcut or something that I inadvertantly activated while Premiere was having issues (it all but froze before the crash that started all this)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also adding: I pulled out some ear buds and it looks like Premiere is suddenly only reading one of the two channels of the stereo audio file. For whatever reason, when I open the file in the Source window, I only get one channel out of two; when I open the same file in Audition, it shows (and plays) a stereo audio file just like normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I think I figured it out, but it doesn't make much sense--somehow the right channels for all the audio clips in the project were deactivated. I had to manually go through and re-enable the right-hand channels, and now everything's all set.

Still don't quite understand how something like that could happen--is there a keyboard shortcut or something that I inadvertantly activated while Premiere was having issues (it all but froze before the crash that started all this)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds like it simply got a corrupted bit of data in the project file somehow. Annoying, but can happen, and always is different in effect.

Glad you got it sorted and back working though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines