Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 - very High Usage

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I'm struggling with my edit in PPro 2022, on the latest update.

Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

RAM - 58 GB allocated to PPro

On launch, Premiere shows very high usage, and I can't do much in the program. Pics attached.

Any support is appreciated.

thank you!High-Usage.jpgPreferences---RAM.jpg

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that column is power usage. but I only see premiere using 8 GB ram which doesn't seem out of the ordinary. also, if you are starving other applications of memory, your overall system may be unstable. try allocating another 8-16 GB ram back to the operating system.

also, your gpu i don't think is supported anymore, maybe Legend will jump in here and talk about its architecture.

and you may want to elaborate on what you mean you can't do much in the program. what media are you using? maybe try using proxies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Chris.

I'm unable to export a portion of timeline - Premiere shows Not Responding.

Overall program starts to freeze.

All media is MP4 files from GH5 in 10 bit.

Not using Proxies, because, everything was working well until the last 3 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the trouble. Can you try increasing the amount of memory that the operating system uses to achieve a 50% balance between Adobe and other applications?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

I've been able to split it 50/50.

Still having the same results. Within seconds, the whole program freezes and I need to end task.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try software render or prores transcoded media just to narrow down what the issue could be. and any 3rd party plugins being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No 3rd party plugins now.

I did have MOGRTS, but deleted them from the Project, just to narrow down the issue.

Changed to Rendered - Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

Still very sluggish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ashwatch,

With your PC, you might have a bottleneck with those 10-bit HEVC files. I would transcode them for now.

Good luck,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin.

Do you mean keep these settings of Rendered - Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, then render them in the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ashwatch,

By transcoding, we mean to convert that file to any other edit-friendly codec like Apple ProRes 422. You may then import that transcoded file in Premiere Pro & use that in place of the original media. This may help in getting better playback performance. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines