• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 2022

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded premiere pro to 2022 version......and now keeps freezing up....Media link also do not work....when trying to media link the missing media ...it simply freezes

THis is not on as our job is on the line because of this faulty software

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expect (hope) this is a testing project?

One of the designed options of their CC model is you can keep a current major version installed and also install a new major version and simply test in it until you find it stable. So ... if one keeps working in 2021 (15.4) while also installing 2022, you can keep your client work going while testing the new version with new projects.

And with any major update, always create new project files in the new version, then with PrPro, use the MediaBrowser panel to navigate to/select the old project file, and import the assets.

It doesn't matter what company, this is wise. BM just released Resolve 17.4, which has major updates to it. And like the 2022 Adobe releases, most users are fine. Some are struggling with it, and some are totally bonked with 17.4 and had to revert to an earlier build.

Which, with BM's database structure, can be more work than with the Adobe apps ... as you can only have one version of Resolve installed at a time.

A noted colorist has posted on the BM forums that the patch that BM pushed out ... 17.4.1 ... was worse on his rig than the original release. But then, I know that Mark will have been testing any new software on his secondary rig. As all the colorists I know that are Resolve or Baselight based do. So Mark is working in an earlier build awaiting BM to get out a stable (for him) 17.4 version.

I learned many, many years ago to never assume any just-released version of any software was 'solid'.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines