• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2023: Clips in sequence are blue and green

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time using Premiere (if that isn't obvious from the nature of the question), but I have been using Adobe apps in school and for personal use for years. I am using a Mac if that matters. If you need the specifics of my computer or the app, I will post them.

The attached image is a screenshot of the sequence tab. I will provide full screenshots if required.

(Attached image: V1 is holding the video for the .mov and .mp4 and the pictures .webp and .gif. A1 is holding the audio for the .mov and .mp4 and a few .mp3 files. V2, V3, and V4 are holding text and simple boxes to make the text more readable. On the sequence, .mp4 and .mov files are green and blue, the text, boxes, and .webp are pink, the .gif are purple, and the .mp3 are teal) 

I am editing together some gameplay footage (for personal use), and I noticed while editing, most of the screen-recording videos (.mov) and various other clips (.webp, .mp4) are blue in my sequence bar, except for one. My first screen recording (.mov) is green. 

Is this a problem? What does it mean, and is it something a beginner editing for personal use should care about? I plan to post this to youtube (unlisted) to show my friends, so will this interfere with that export and posting (not that I currently know how to do either, but that is for another day)? 

If it is a problem, how would I go about fixing it? I don't particularly want to clip and edit those first 4 hours (of 7, this is a challenge I created and performed for a game) of footage, so is there an easy fix (I won't bother if this is not an issue)

TOPICS
Editing , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the help for Label Colors ... there are default label colors for different things, media types, or conditions. And, of course, you can set & change those in the Preferences.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So one clip being a different colour is just an aesthetic thing? There is no difference between that clip and the others in the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Label colors are used to denote things, to identify things.

And can be used to mark and select things.

Check your Preferences/Label tab, and see why Premiere is setting those colors as-is at the moment. It will list about 15 different colors with a task for each. And you can of course set those to your own wishes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines