Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2023 not recognising 5.1 surround sound audio

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Premiere Pro 2023 not recognising 5.1 surround sound audio but it recognise 2 channels stereo audio. My pc is all working with 5.1 surround sound audio on everything else. But what's interesting is 5.1 works on Audition with WASPI, but Premiere Pro does not have WASPI.

Can anyone help?

Tim

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question ... in the Preferences, the Audio tab, what is the 'default' behavior set for 5.1 audio?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is set for all of them; Front, Rear, and LFE (no option for Centre).

But in Premiere Pro I only get audio from the 2 Front speakers.

Windows, and Audition give audio out of all 6 Speakers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mitsuperboy,

Sorry for the issue. Sounds frustrating. Did you set up audio tracks for 5.1 when setting up the sequence? Check that out in the Channel Settings in Sequence Settings.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Thankyou for your reply, and sorry for my late reply to you.

Yes I have set up the 5.1 in Sequence settings and all the 6 channels in Sequence settings is 5.1

I also contacted the company who assembled my PC, and did a lot of checking/testing with them. All the Drivers, Software, and Hardware was checked. 5.1 Audio worked perfectly. I am using the built in Realtek 7.1 Sound System built onto the Motherboard. I am using 5.1 through 6 Speakers connected to three 3.5mm Jack Sockets on the back of my PC. I mentioned to the PC company that when Adobe Technical Support took Remote Control and also did these checks, they got me to check a 5.1 Test video on YouTube. This video, and other videos on YouTube that I tried, only gave audio from the Front Left and Right Speakers only. This is why Adobe Technical Support suggested contacting the PC Manufacturer. However the first comment on the YouTube 5.1 Test Video stated two years ago that due to a YouTube Policy change, 5.1 Audio was no longer available and the Audio would be in Stereo only.

I had previously mentioned to Adobe Technical Support that when using Adobe Audition I can get all 6 speakers working if I use the WASAPI Option. But only Stereo through two Front Speakers if I use ASIO or MME. Premiere Pro does not have the WASPI Option, only ASIO or MME.

Is there a way to get the WASAPI option added in to Premiere Pro?

Would this information help you diagnose what my issue might be?

Kind regards

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem! Audition works great and once it's dropped in a fully verified 5.1 project, it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a few sessions now with Adobe taking remote control of my PC. The last session they tried a workaround, but it did not work unfortunately. They told me that the issue has been logged with their Technical Team. It was hoped it could possibly be included in a future update. But it would not be until at least update 24, as their Technical people would need to work on what they found with my PC, and get a resolution for it. Perhaps you might be able to contact Adobe too, that could give them more information to help their Technical Team resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updated post, this is all good to know and to get posted here on the forum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same Problem to export a 5.1 Track with MXF OP1a codecs. So i tried it with h.265 mp4. It worked first . Then an similar issue occured.  It downsizing me in a sudden from 160mbits to 40mbits. Why this? i will contact the support as well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and I solved it using Asio4all, you install the software and then in premiere you select use ASIO hardware, then Asio4all and that's it, it now detects all the channels. Good luck!

Sin título.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines