Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2023 : Performance is a DISASTER

Participant ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Compared to Premiere Pro 2022, there is a serious problem with the newer version.

When the secondary monitor display is enabled, [and after verification, also when disabled and only using main monitor] the image is freezing on simple operations like a 0.5s fade between two 2k clips.

This takes five seconds to recover and totally kills the workflow.

If I have a fade in/out between clips not only the image in the preview is frozen, but it remains so for some time. It didn't happen with the previous versions, which I am going to reinstall.

I have a Nvidia 3080, 64g of RAM and a Ryzen 9 - so the problem comes from the software without any doubt.

I want to make Adobe aware on that and solve that issue.

Thanks for understanding.

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is still mostly user-to-user help. But this is good to know, and thanks for posting.

Please post this in full detail on their Premiere Pro UserVoice system, as that is (for Premiere) where their engineers do post everything manually into their system, assigned to appropriate internal team.

I'd also post on their public beta as the engineers monitor that closely.

Performance issues are really a pain at this point. The vast majority of users are working fine, but some of us are getting blasted. It used to be pretty easy to sort where the issue was, but at this time, both in Premiere and Resolve (which I also use daily) ... too many people with similar kit get wildly different performance.

So the devs need to know, in GREAT DETAIL, all things where users are having problems.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you running any third-party effects that are compatible with 2022 but need to be updated for 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines