• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2023 slow and sluggish (macOS Ventura and Monterey)

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last week my premiere seem to be doing a few updates and sence then my premiere has become sluggish after 1 minute also my mouse started doing weird stuff such as clicking buttons without my control i changd my mouse but didn't make any difference. i have to restart the premiere every time but this happens soon after restarting again. my computer is:

Mac Mini, M1, 16GB Ram, 500GB storage. my premiere version is 23.1

plesae advice.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am facing same problem.curser lagging and choppy playback plese let me know if any solution???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure i will once i get some answers form adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fanaeian,

Please give us more info about this case. How do I write a bug report?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - Adobe premiere gets sluggish after one minute especially when moving from one sequence to another then mouse acts as if it's been clicked and when i move the mouse it moves things like the sequences until i click on it again to stop.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 23.1.0 (build 86)
  • Operating system - Mac Os Ventura 13.1 (i did have the same issue before i upgrade from previous Mac os
  • System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • CPU M1

• GPU and Driver Version: integrated 8 core GPU

• RAM 16GB

• Hard Drive 500GB

• Video format: various video format such as 720p and 1080p from canon 6Dii and R6
  • Workflow details: nothing has been changed comparing to the previous project with no issues
  • Steps to reproduce - as sson as i change to another sequence and the back to the first one it starts the issue and it seems if i don't change the sequence it won't happen.
  •  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having a TERRIBLE experience with premiere on my m1 max machine with 32 gb. SO FRUSTRATING. adobe is just disappointing. this computer is a beast, i shouldnt be having problems, and even simple playback gets stuck and so many actions are lagging. terrible terrible terrible. cant work like this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all hear you. It is so frustrating right now, as what each of us gets even on similar kit is all over the freaking place. Just ... insane.

Some folks with M1s are doing fine, many are struggling but working, some had to revert back a version of Premiere.

Same thing on PCs, wide variability.

And even on the Resolve forums, there are folks with horrid H.264/5 encoding issues.

It's freaky. And so flipping frustrating.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP said he was using 4k video on a network drive, that certainly wasn't helping. Where is your media located, what kind of media is it, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing a very slow Premiere experience on a Mac Pro 2019 with a Vega II and 192GB RAM using very fast SSDs, 4K material with proxies, shouldn't be having any issues.

Have tried resetting prefs and it's quicker briefly, then quickly nosedives again.

MBP 2021 14" M1 Max performs much better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use older version of Adobe premiere pro 2020 14.0.1, I'm use to, work very
well smoothie.
Don't used upgrade version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back to premiere version 22.0 and it seems to be fine and there is no problem so far so i guess i have to use the earlier version of after effects and Auditoion as well as i incorporate them with my premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 2023 and having this same issue. This is terrible. after 1 or 2 minutes, changing a few sequences,  navigating through sequence becomes impossible. Selecting multiple clips is very laggy. When you hold mouse and draw the rectangle without touching any clips, it's fine but the moment it touches, becomes hell of a laggy one.

System Specs are:

Ryzen 7 2700x

GeForce 3060Ti

32 GB 3200mhz g.skill Flare X RAM

attached an example video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It performs better on Monterey than Ventura, I had to rollback my entire system yesterday.

Premiere + AME 2023 and Ventura is unusable, even when using proxies with simple edits, and AME uses 2000% of my CPU when trying to create proxies and non of my Vega II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to have to ask, but how do I roll back to Monterey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably Adobe Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention i'm not using Mac but adding my system specs probably explained that by itself lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have Windows 11 installed.

Also Mister Horse Premiere Composer add-on is installed. Using 2 monitors. My friend is also having the same issue. He has a Ryzen 5 CPU and 2060 GPU. Also using 2 monitors. But another friend of mine is just fine. He has an older PC, installed Intel CPU and using 1 monitor. Maybe monitor count is a problem here, or the CPU brand?

Trying to give as much info as i can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User performance is all over the freaking map at this time, in both Premiere and Resolve. Very frustrating.

Another Mac user just posted a while back that he went back from the current new Mac OS to the previous one, and suddenly Premiere was running great. That may help. Or ... may not, who knows? Not even The Shadow, it seems ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i rolled back to premiere 26.6.3 and everything is back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to have to ask - but how can I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open Adobe Cloud then on the righhand side of premiere press the 3 dots to open the menu, choose older versions and then choose the older version premiere to install. "screen shot"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines