Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere Pro 2023 using ram more than usual and lagging playback M1 Pro

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Recently find some problem with latest update premiere pro 2023, when my timeline start longer, suddenly the preview lag and app using ram incredibly BIG, like the normal use is 4-5GB, suddenly rise to 20GB RAM usage in my Macbook M1 Pro with 16GB RAM.

I don't know exactly why, but i find the solution. In my case the audio wave is gone, so i need to render audio first (if this step is skip, its not working, i have tried it), then delete half or 3/4 my timeline, give a little scrubbing playback in timeline, then undo the delete, and foila. My timeline comeback smooth and the usage RAM decrease to normal size. 

The condition: duration timeline 12-13 minute with roughcut and nesting, i can say this is very light editing, the video is 1080p, some footage is 100fps but very little, litte bit correction and wave audio is gone (need to render audio if want wave back).

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hola, trabajo con una máquina similar a la que usas y tuve un problema similar que soluciones desinstalando las versiones previas de Premiere y vaciando el caché de medios. Tuve también un pequeño inconveniente con el media encoder que ya está solucionado también. Creo que cada versión nos pone a prueba como editores.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines