• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024 is really struggling

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use Premiere Pro 2024 on my 2020 Mac Pro and facing big problems. Playback is jittery, the response time is awful. I hit space and have to wait about 8 seconds before anything plays. 

The same system works ok with Premiere Pro 2021. Any version later than this really struggles. 

I have 84GB of Ram dedicated to running Premiere Pro. In theory, my machine ought to be super powerful: 3.2GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W processor,  AMD Radeon Pro Vega 11 32GB Graphics. All software up to date.

I shoot on the Canon C300 mark 3 and Canon C70 cameras in 4k XF-AVC Long gop. As I say, this set up has worked fine in Premiere Pro 2021 but later versions have all been awful. As a last resort, does anyone have expereince of using a 2020 Mac Pro with Premiere Pro or does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this issue please?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

You can also try proxies:

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/learn/premiere-pro/web/proxy-media?locale=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Already tried both of these things 😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wondering whether anyone else has any suggestions before I (like many others) jump ship to Davinci Resolve forever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines