Rendering is slow and does not use my GPU at all while my CPU sits at 100%
1440p @ 60fps

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU is not simply another assistant to the CPU for basic playback in Premiere. It is 'reserved' for things on the GPU Acclerated list of effects, such things as color work and resizing like Warp. So unless there are color changes or resizing, the GPU may not be used much.

And some H.264 and RAW formats do get some GPU tasks assigned also, but I'm not the one to help with that.

So ... it might be that with different settings you would see more GPU use for playback, but ... it might not. I can't say more as you didn't say what formats/codecs are in use, nor what effects.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro cannot encode and decode all the variations of H.264/265 when using Nvenc. The Alder Lake and M1 chips would be your best bet for that task. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines