• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.0 Crashes for no reason, without warning .

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro just crashes mid editing. It happenes 1-4 times a day. There is no warning there is no error report I just lose the work i have done before my last save. Autosave is set for 15 minutes, because it is really annoying when the autosave window pops up too often ( why not make it save on backround without interrupting work progress, like it is on final cut pro). 

Usually have to redo 10 minutes of work.

As it is not a free app I dont, I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

I am using the intel version on M1 pro macbook pro (because the m1 version lacks some features and codecs I need for my workflow)

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ to see if a crash report was generated.

Depending on what you have on your timeline, running Premiere through Rosetta2 might be causing the issue. Is it not possible to change your workflow to accomodate the M1 Premiere version? Running Premiere natively instead of through a translater should certainly be more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no crash report.

Would love to use the m1 native version, but I learned only after I tried to open my projects in m1 version that it lacks some features. First thing I needed to do was a DCP export, but to my suprise Export to Wraptor DCP in not supported. ( You can select wraptor dcp on intel version, but it does not work, just gives an error screen on frame 0, so someone should fix that) Anyways had to use an alternative program. 

I also have a lot of graphics that are made with alpha that just show media offlie and say that cineform is not supported codec (they are not gopro files).

I use often need to use AAF export to share my projects with sound editors and color graders, and this is also not supported.

So it feels like the m1 version is not meant for proffesional use and the intel version is broken.

sad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have same issue plus its very slow on playback almost i cant play the media.

İm using Msi GS66 

İ9 10980hk

RTX 2070 Super Mobile 

64Gb Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines