• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.1.2 crashing on selecting File > Export > Media or pressing Ctrl + M

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spend more time debugging this bs app than actually working in it. Exported the last 3 projects fine. Now all of a sudden it's constantly crashing when I click export from the menu, or ctrl+m.

Tried reinstalling, updating drivers & premiere pro. Nothing.

If there are any other suitable alternatives to premiere pro I'll be more than happy to cancel my subscription and jump ship.

System specs

CPU - AMD 5950X

GPU - RTX3090 SLI

RAM - 32GB 3200hz

Mod note: Title changed slightly to reflect your issue.

TOPICS
Crash , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now a lot of things are not working as we would like. Try DaVinci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the content from the old timeline and paste it into the newly created sequence. This is still an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that also - still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you dump your cache files? A new install frequently doesn't actually touch them. And the cache files could easily be the problem there.

So with no project open, delete all cache files. Reboot, relaunch, and maybe ... and if that doesn't, try trashing preferences. Which actually does work for quite a bit of odd behaviors.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleared cache - changed memory utilization to Memory vs Performance. Also did the Alt + Shift > Open to wipe preferences.

Also tried creating a new project & importing media one by one to recreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am just checking in with you. When clearing cache, make sure all Premiere Pro projects are closed, or you won't delete the current cache. Here's a FAQ: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-premier...

I hope that shakes things loose.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use third-party plugins in Premiere, remove them from the project. After that, it should work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zero third party plugins in Premiere & still crashes. The fact we have to pay for this and debug it ourselves is ridiculous. More time is spent solving bugs / issues with premiere than actually adding time / value to my workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colleague,

Sorry for the stability issues. That sucks. Let's see, it sounds like you've tried a good number of troubleshooting steps and nothing's worked so far. Hopefully, we can help.

Now all of a sudden it's constantly crashing when I click export from the menu, or ctrl+m.

Weird. Have you updated the OS or anything else recently? Maybe your permissions are amiss in the folder where you are saving the file or somewhere else? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Can you also check to see if you are running the app as an administrator

When you say that Premiere Pro is crashing when you choose File > Export > Media or press Ctrl + M; what happens? The spinning beach ball appears? The application quits and throws a crash dialog box? The error halts and generates an Error Compiling Movie error dialog box? What happens exactly? If you can provide any screenshots, it may provide a window on what's going on there. You can also see if you have generated any crash reports recently. See this FAQ: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-where-do-i-find-premiere-pro-crash-logs-...

Hope we can assist.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines