• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.2.0 issues

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are others having many performance issues with 22.2.0? I have never had issues with Premiere Pro until this version. Are they soon issuing an update?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Thanks everyone it seems updating the Mac OS to 12.3 has remedied the issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

List your performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues using Premiere pro 22.2.0 on macOS 12.3 on M1 Pro mac. 

Sometimes resetting preferences help in premiere pro, to do so follow this step:

Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok. Updating from 12.1 now. Maybe that was the issue ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm using OS 12.3 on M1 MacBook Pro and I can barely get it to start.

I open, it crashes. If it opens without crashing, I can't get more than one change done.
Adobe's inbox must be flooded with just my crash reports alone.
Tried holding alt key, still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds weird, Jon. Have you tried pressing Option when restarting the app? That way, you can reset preferences. Does that do it? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Have restarted holding Option a number of times.

Have reinstalled the app too. Same issues every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Projects opening but then spinning the wheel of death - eventually having to force quit. When autosaving, similar thing. I reduced some project file sizes but doesn't seem to help much. Also some functionality has gone backwards, for example when splicing, the visual indicator of cutting different video or audio tracks at the same frame has gone, so I often cut 1 frame off alignment. Weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all on this thread! Crashing continues - to clarify - is project size an aspect?

My project file is 25MB - is that too large?

It's a complex project file, feature documentary....

Should I be separating out into two projects and have them open at the same time?

One for edits and assemblies, one for the source clips?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

Sorry about your crashing issue. That sounds frustrating. Are you having trouble with playback on a specific portion of the timeline, trimming, moving, or adjusting clip properties for effects? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything 'long-form' should NOT use the old "stand-alone" structure of Premiere Pro.

Their Production model is what you should be using. I even use it as a solo operator, as it's just too slick.

It's completely different in structure. You create a new Production, name it, and tell Premiere what drive/folder it lives in. Premiere creates a Production folder of that name on-disc, and a Production file inside it.

From the Production panel, you right-click and create folders to organize the structure of your project. And subfolders, as needed. Within those you create project files, to hold assets. More like bins in stand alone projects. It's odd at first, but it's so easy to use once you get going that working in old-style separate projects seems a total nightmare.

So for a feature documentary ... you might have:

Production folder, with subfolders of Sequences, New Media, Archival Media, Archival Stills, Audio, and Graphics.

The New Media folder might have subfolders by location, subject, person/s involved, whatever. And within those folders you would create projects and import the specific media.

The Sequences folder would have subfolders as you need for say Rough Cuts, Mainline Edits, and Final Edits.

So after creating your Production, you go to the Rough Cuts project, create a new sequence. In the Production panel, open the media folders, and open the projects with the media you need as new tabs of that panel. Now simply drag/drop the media onto your sequence in the Timeline panel, and start cutting.

Premiere only needs the reference to the project file the clips come from in the Rough Cut sequence project ... it doesn't duplicate the assets in that project file like a stand-alone version would have to.

This model means the amount of data Premiere actually loads into RAM/cache at any one point is miniscule compared to what it would use with a single project holding all that data. As ... every bit of metadata for that project would have to be living 'live' in RAM/cache, and in a Production, the only bits in RAM/cache at the moment are the ones in the currently used sequence.

And ... those folders you make to organize the production? They're all actual folders on disc. And although you can store the assets for the projects in the folders with the projects, they recommend you setup a parallel folder structure for your media.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Neil, this is great - hugely appreciated.

Kevin - the crashing happens either as I'm opening or closing the project - I may have to force quit as it's opening, usually just once. Then, if I save the project, then close it shortly after and it prompts me to save again, it often crashes at that moment too.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONSTANTLY crashing on Windows 10, high spec PC. Every minute on this one project I'm on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me Too I'm facing the same thing every minute is crashing and the timeline & video freezing while the sound still working.

I have to close premier pro through task manager every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's frustrating, wow. Been there, total sympathy.

Next comes trying to figure out where this comes from. Troubleshooting 101.

What's your gear/media/effects list? What troubleshooting steps have you done?

It's rolling great on my Ryzen 3960X/2080Ti setup here. Why so screwy on yours? What are the differences that cause that mess?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moayad,

Sorry about that. See if creating proxies for your clips helps your issue. It helped me.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems whatever with a 24-core Ryzen, 128GV of RAM and a 2080Ti.

Wonder what the differences are that cause the troubles?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone it seems updating the Mac OS to 12.3 has remedied the issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines