• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.2 — project and Timeline stability issues — Media Encoder problems

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue even with the very latest update (22.2).  Intel i7-1165G7 with Intel Xe graphics, 16GB LDDR4X memory, 1TB SSD.  For 2 ~ 3 minutes, everything works great and very snappy... Then video preview stays stuck at whatever the last frame was.  You can still interact with ALL objects in Premiere Pro, and even perform file operations, but anything that requires the use of the media encoder is unusable.  I even experimented with opening Premiere Pro and just letting it sit for a few minutes doing nothing...and it went into this broken state all on its own.  When you try to close the app, you have to force quit.  This is a nasty bug affecting what looks to be every person with Intel Iris Xe and possibly Iris Plus GPUs.  Adobe, please, stop asking folks to try this and that... Get your QA team lapotops with Tiger Lake CPUs and have them go to town with testing.  This...is....a...BUG.  FIX it! (and, no, asking folks to disable GPU acceleration is NOT a suitable response)

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also add this is a new laptop (couple of weeks old) and a brand new installation of Premiere Pro (22.1 and 22.2 so far).  This is not an installation with a bunch of crud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the previous update, 21.1.2 worked more or less adequately. Now, in the new update 22.2, they have again messed up with media playback on the timeline. Stutters, slows down, sometimes thinks for a few seconds when you click on playback. What is happening again in Adobe. Damn it. Why disrupt the process if it was normal and fixed. Every update is luck, it will work or not ((( 

This is without Nvidia SYNC support when working with 4K files, the 4:2:2 HLG 2100 subcriding. The rest of the media on the timeline is fine so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still having this same problem, for several months now. I, too, have a Dell inspiron laptop, less than six months old with Intel i7-1165G7 with Intel Xe graphics, 16GB  memory, 1TB SSD. I used to run adobe premiere pro fine ( a little slow, but fine) on an old desktop with only 8gb of memory and an old hard drive. I am extremely fed up and have been trying fixes on and off for months now and nothing has worked. This is not the first time I have posted about this. I have been watching these forums for MONTHS and no one has come up with a solution and it is extremely frustrating! What am I paying for if it won't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines