• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.3.1 freezes constantly

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to 22.3.1, I can't even launch a new project. Older projects won't open and I can't even import them into a new project, since I CAN'T create a new project. All worked fine last week (in Premiere Pro terms, meaning I still lose half of my hair, but at least you can open files) and I have no idea whatsoever where the problem comes from.

1) I've cleared cache

2) I've cleared plug-ins/preferences

3) I've removed 3rd party plugins from the Mediacore folder

4) I've downgraded, with no effect

5) I've reinstalled (including all Adobe apps and CC)

6) I've reset Macbook Pro's NVRAM

7) I never nest sequences if that's of interest

8) no Dynamic link or AE files included

9) I've repaired macOS permissions as well

Weirdly, the Premiere Pro beta works, suggesting that this is NOT a system problem, but an Adobe problem (wow, what a surprise).

I edit 10bit 422 HEVC files with relative ease (yes, playback is usually horrendous and I usually convert before bringing to Premiere), have dedicated 20Gb or memory RAM to Premiere, core i9, Vega 20 card, but that doesn't matter, because EVERYTHING WORKED before I updated, and now the older build doesn't seem to work. I have more than 600Gb free on my internal SSD. For reference, Final Cut Pro X and Davinci launch and run smooth as butter, while Premiere Pro gives me the opportunity to make pancakes at the same time because the fans run so freeking hot.

I have important on-going projects that need to be delivered quick and this is just unacceptable. Not once have I recevied feedback from customer service over my multiple error messages sent, not once has ANY Adobe program run smoothly.

Am I just supposed to work with the beta and leave it be? Mmh?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing this problem now in 5 projects. I am working with SLOG 3 frames shot on Sony S iii c with a 4:2:2 subcriding bitness of 10 bit. It's just awful. Everything freezes, the playback head skips. The frames themselves are loaded via Premiere in order to display them in the program for a long time. I do not know how to work further. The trouble with the performance of 10 bit files. DaVinci and FCPro reproduce without any difficulties. Adobe what is it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, working with A7IV S-log3, 4K25, 4:2:2 HEVC and it's a nightmare in Premiere. Even BRAW is smoother and I can't explain it (well yes I can, Blackmagic's RAW plug-in actually works). Either Adobe needs to adapt compatibility with file formats or optimize reading, or many people are going to go in other directions. Lucky for them, I'm tied to After Effects in the industry…

Apple have recently (like 2 weeks ago) delivered a patch for h.265 and XAVC-I compatbility with macOS, I haven't noticed a difference as there is still no Preview comptability with files in the Finder (even .arw files can't be previewed to this day).

With all that being said, I've did all I could think about, including a fresh macOS resinstall, Disk Utility First Aid AND an Onyx maintenance. Let me ad that I work on 2 mac devices, and both have had problems simultaneously after the update, so it's not a machine-specific issue. Here are the results:

- Premiere still freezes when creating a New project, however…

- If you create a new project, specifically on an external SSD that includes a folder with footage inside (simple .mp4 HD files) and select some of that footage, Premiere will be able to create a new project and load those files.

- From there, AND ONLY FROM THERE, can you create a new project wherever you want (local hard drive included)

- From there, AND ONLY FROM THERE, can you open .prproj files

That is the only workaround I have managed to get working to be able to open my files and projects. So I basically have a folder with random clips on my external SSD that I use to create a "mock-up new project" when I launch Premiere, only to be able to open or create other projects. Note that if the folder with dummy clips are on my local SSD, it doesn't work. I don't know why and I don't have the time to figure it out.

This has been painstakingly long to try to find what looks like a temporary issue, and if Adobe is reading this, it shouldn't be up to the customers to try and fight with a product they are paying for. From now on, Adobe will be exclusively used for professional projects where I need file compatibility with collaborators. And I'm doing the rest in Davinci, and believe me, I will do my best to try and convince everyone around me - clients, colleagues, fellow creatives, even fellow competitors - to drop the Adobe eco-system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DaVinci there will be leaders in the film production industry. And this is already a great success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines