I'm trying to export a 'simple' video with a short intro and outtro, which I have done many times (20+) before, but with different video files (it's a lecture series; recorded Teams meetings). Haven't had any issues with exporting until now. Both PP and ME render the audio and then it just stops, stays at 0% and I can hear the PC isn't working like it usually does when exporting. The programs (PP and ME) also tend to crash when I have to cancel the process.
I have tried several of the previously suggested solutions to similar problems:
1. download previous version of PP (22.0) and ME (22.2 and 22.0)
2. restart Adobe / PC
3. "remove markers" is often a solution for many, but I haven't used any markers
4. creating a new project and copy paste from previous timeline
5. exporting via Media Encoder
6. cleared media cache
7. tried exporting in Adobe presets (however only used H.264)
8. tried exporting to different file location
9. yes, I have enough storage (1.5 tb)
10. tried to "deselect Enable hardware accelerated decoding (requires restart)."
11. tried with 3 different projects (2 recent/new and 1 old)
12. tried rendering the whole timeline, got an error message: "error compiling movie, export error, error code 4"
Currently trying to render again while I wait for suggestions.
Thank you for any and all help!
Copy link to clipboard
Why are you using avi?
To be honest I'm not sure what happened with this attempt at rendering the timeline or why its avi. However, I tried rendering again without any error messages, so I'm not sure how relevant it is to my main issue...it would still not export when I tried again after the successful rendering.
Clip properties, sequence settings and export settings.
Your clips shows 15 fps, your sequence setting 30 fps. Export settings show 15 fps.
Make them all the same.
Clip is VFR might want to make that CFR with Handbrake before importing into Premiere.
Preview codec shows AVI, choose I frame only mpeg instead.
Cant choose lower than 30 in sequence settings:
Not sure what you mean with VFR and CFR, I have imported these clips (downloaded Teams meetings) over 40 times without problems.
For "Preview codec" I can't find the options you mentioned. Or maybe I misunderstood:
Thank you for responding and helping me out.
Did you have any other suggestions?
Set Preview codec to Quicktime Prores 422 proxy.
Doesn't seem to make a difference when I attempt export 😕
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it's still not working.
You cannot set it to I frame mpeg only if the framerate is 15!!!!
Have you tried 22.3.1? That may help with this issue. Can you try it?
Yes, I tried it and it didn't help unfortunately