• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.5 EXPORT KEEPS FREEZING

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the newest version of Premeire and when I try to export the bar just freezes around 6%. No pinwheel comes up it just freezes. Does anyone know why? My whole timeline is fully rendered and playback is smooth before this.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you close Premiere, and delete all cache files, then relaunch? That may well help this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did and it didn't solve it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, you can always revert to the previous version of Premiere that was working for you.  Updates often require better system resources...    Here's the link to the recommended minimum hardware

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#gpu-acceleration

Second, it's unrealistic to expect Adobe to test all the possible variations in equipment...

so there are often bugs and issues after an update.... 

And it's always a good idea to tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.   this info may help has diagnose if not solve your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, should I revert back and open the project again in a different version? Will that corrupt or mess up my project? 

I'm running

on Macbook Pro 2021, m1 chip pro
macOS Monterey 
Premiere Vers 22.5
16GB of ram

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched from 22.5 back to 22.0 (on Windows 10) and my Project opened as i left it with 22.5. Export works again, after it constantly failed with 22.5 while rendering a 17 minute video with normal edits, color gradinig and titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Setup:

10875H CPU, 64 BG RAM, RTX2070, very fast SSD, latest Studio Drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried switching back to 15.4 because I saw that it works well with the Apple M1 Chip Pro but I couldn't open my project in that version, so I downloaded 22.0 to re export. 

After I'm done with my project, would you reccommend I use 15.4 from now on or 22? And if I want to use AE, should I just keep the most recent version I have with the new roto brush or match the version of premiere that I have too? Right now the preview times for AE can be slow so I have to restart it sometimes.

I'm new and still learning so thank you for the information and resources I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the beta version of premiere, they may be working on your problem.  I went thru hell with a first generation m1 macbookpro jumping thru all sorts of hoops to get the work done.   Someone at adobe said "try the beta" and things started working properly...  Not sure how smart it is to be working on different iterations of AE and Premiere.  I'm sure there are ways to work around it, but could come back and bite you on the butt so to speak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay! I did try to re export with 22.0 and it froze at 10% again. Will the beta version be compatible with my project if it was originaly made with vers 22.5? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This is done quite often.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the beta (from the link below) and still no luck. I've downloaded versions 15.4, 22, 22.1.2, and the beta. I'm pretty stumped and I need to export out to a client soon.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/premiere-pro-beta.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open my project in a version older than 22.0, so I'd need to find a solution in a vers of at least 22.0 or newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have an idea? I need to export this tonight if possible. I've never encountered an issue like this using premiere and other posts mention a similar problem but none with an effective solution.

It freezes at different parts of the timeline and I've tried to use the Media Encoder too. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I think this might help but it froze again. But this time when I sent over the footage to Media Encoder I get this message (attached below) before I start exporting. Is this the reason why it's freezing? I don't see anything wrong with those clips, and when my export stops it's on a different clip than the ones mentioned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you do realize that we can't read the complete text in your screen grab...  Tell us the specs on the problematic files mentioned.  Although Premiere works with almost any format, there can be issues with certain formats and source files can be corrupt..  You should be able to tell if a section is successfully rendered and you can render individual sections by marking an in and an out in your timeline and then "render in to out" in the sequence menu.   By any chance are any of your sources from screen recordings or shot on a smart phone?  If so, the issue may be that you have sources with variable frame rates which Premiere can have issues with.  Here's the lowdown on diagnosing that problem and fixing it.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to give as much info through the screenshot. In it, is says that there's a problem while performaing a conform action on the following clips. Both were dynamiclinked AE Comps.

I successfully rendered all the entire timeline and tried smart rendering. I'm using GH5 footage shot at 24fps, 1920x1080. I've matched all my frame rates in the comp to the OG sequence too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround you can try to export not the whole timeline, but smaller pieces in a broadcast format like mxf OP1a All Intra. Then put them together in another timeline and export this in the deserved format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client project due today and have been running into the same issue. I've been pouring over the forums trying to figure something out. How did you resolve your export problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try smart rendering (you can find the link to a thread explaining it in an earlier post of mine in this thread)?  And if that doesn't work (and explain exactly how it didn't work), please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines