• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.5 randomly crashes under Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 22.5 randomly crashes during timeline playback under Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1.

Tried to uninstall and re-install Premiere Pro but didn’t work. Deleting the media cache and resetting preferences didn’t work as well. Security preferences are ok. Also tried to turn off GPU-acceleration and use another codec.

After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder, Illustrator etc works great.

Has someone an idea how to fix it? Thanks!

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

2,5 GHz 12-late Intel Xeon E5

64 Gb 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D300 2 Gb X 2

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Andrii,

If you are generating a crash report, please attach it. If you get the SBOD (spinning rainbow wheel), you can sample that process in Activity Monitor. Let me know if you need help with that. 

My diagnosis from your info is that you might not be meeting system requirements with that computer. You've got Xeon procs, which means no Quick Sync assistance for H.264. What kind of media is this? 4K Long GOP? If so, have you tried optimizing the media by making proxies or creating transcodes? That might help. Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I am editing 1080p H.264, not 4K. I tried to use ProRes proxy but it didn't help. I generated logs (*.dmp) but I i can't find it right now. Where I can find it?
P.S. Downgrading to Premiere 22.3.1 works for me. It works stable I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 22.3.1 works great for me. Premiere 22.6.2 still crashes from time to time.

My *.dmp files are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1POJ4Ivlv76bfgTsJfUrPZkxIwmpMrNzT?usp=sharing

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Andrii,

I handed off your files to our team. I hope we can help you with these crashing issues. I appreciate your patience while they search for a solution for you. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I will let the team know. Thanks!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines