• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.6.2 Unusable

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's going on, I haven't worked in Premiere Pro in a few months and now that I need it I can't use it. It is unusable at the moment, I have updated to the latest Nvidia Studio driver and still nothing.

There are no problems with the playback, no matter the resolution it works well, it's everything else that's broken. Anything that I change doesn't show, it's like it's frozen until I hit play and then everything changes. Also whilst the video is playing the timeline is also not smooth, it's moving in 0.05 seconds. Premiere Pro is for whatever reason also drawing a lot of "Internet".

If I move to Import Tab or minimize it, it "visually" breaks. I think it has something to do with the import Tab, because when I opened it for the first time today and selected 2 videos, it decided to import all of the videos that I had not just in that folder, but the entire HDD. It's like it's trying to load previews for all of those videos.

Premiere Pro is installed on a NVME

CPU: i7 7700k

GPU: 1080Ti

RAM: 32GB

I have never had any issues with this setup before, it is since today.

I just want to add that I've used Premiere Pro last week on a "normal laptop" for something else and it was completely fine.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add something that I have discovered and that's that when there is only 1 video in the project, not just on the timeline, but in the Project it works fine. As soon as I add a second video to the project the above mentioned happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi thank you for the advice, I have tried everything and gave up on it, instead tried some random stuff within Premiere Pro to see if I can maybe get it to work. What I've realized is that if I imported 1 video it was fine, but a second video would break the Premiere Pro. It wasn't until I added yet another video that I fixed itself, I don't really understand this bug. Now that I have 93 videos in the Project, it works without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines