• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.6 crashes on opening existing projects mac os

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went away for a couple of weeks in mid August, before this I had no problems with the adobe suite, but on my return I found that Premiere started crashing regularly. I made no updates and so I have no reason to believe that this problem was introduced by a software install. At first the crashes happened whilst playing the timeline. The interface would freeze, the sound would stutter and the program would become un-responsive. I trashed the preferences, media cache, installed the latest upgrade etc. I seemed to get rid of the frequent playback crashes but now I get crashes, 9 times out of 10, when opening an existing project from boot. A work around that seems to be to create a new project and then open existing projects from here. Once projects are open they seem ok in the most part. although I do still get crashes whilst editing, mostly whilst using Lumetri.

I have also found that after effets has become less stable since mid August. It too crashes occasionally on start up and whilst working on projects, although not as frequently as premiere.

I have several projects underway at present so I'm reluctant to roll back the version of premiere I'm using. Also, there were no problems with it prior to mid-august.

The only thing I can think of that changed was that I unplugged the machine and put it away for a couple of weeks but surely that wouldn't explain these issues?

Any ideas welcome.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 64BG, PPro 22.6, AE 22.6

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey izzaack,

Sorry about the poor experience. Are you using any third-party plugins? Are you only experiencing this issue with specific projects? Is there any reason you're hesitant to roll back to the previous version? For After Effects, please create another thread on the After Effects Community so that other users with the same issue can find it more conveniently. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan,

I'm not running any third party plugins on Premiere and I get the intermittent issue on all projects. I'm reluctant to roll back the version since I'd rather not have to downgrade all my current projects in order to open them. Is downgrading what you would recommend over clean installing all creative cloud apps? As I mentioned, I'm stighlty stumped as the problkem seemed to come from nowhere. Let me know what you would recommend and I'll give it a go.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar stability issues were addressed on the most recent version of Premiere Pro (22.6.2). Could you let me know if you're still experiencing crashes after updating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ishan, the update that I refer to in the original ticket was to 22.6.2 so same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share your crash logs with us? Also, go to Window > Workspaces, uncheck Import Workspaces from Projects and let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan, I don't have Import Workspaces checked. Also, I can't find any crash logs in the location stated in the above link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Latest crash report attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey izzaack,

I'm facing the exact same issues on Premier 22.6 suddenly as well. Happens on both my Macbook Pro M1 Max and Mac Studio M1 Ultra. It's exactly how you described it to be and I've done the exact same things as you:

"The interface would freeze, the sound would stutter and the program would become un-responsive. I trashed the preferences, media cache, installed the latest upgrade etc."

On some of my projects, the regnerate media cache will keep happening non-stop as well.

Strangely, when I downgrade back to 22.5, it still happens. I'm wondering it there was something within Premier that is causing this. Maybe someone from Adobe could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey chockolate,

Sorry about the issue. Are you also having this issue with previously created projects? Do new projects functions correctly? If so, could you go to Window > Workspaces, uncheck Import Workspaces from Projects and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan!

Thanks for the reply. I tried everything, even removing my entire CC suite of software and reinstalled them but it still didn't work. I gave up and reformatted both Macs. Painful process but at least they are both now working fine with Premier Pro and After Effects Projects. The constant hanging and generating of peak files (on Premier) non-stop or everytime I restart the programme are both gone for now.

That said, on older projects, mograph templates created don't load properly but that's a minor issue as we can recreate them on AE and reimport them in Pr.

I'm wondering if the recent 22.6 updates and macOS Monterey 12.6 updates resulted in some underlying permission  and registery issues that caused this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines