• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 22 constantly crashing on m1 chip macbook pro + nonexistant complaints procedure?!

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I've constantly been having issues with premeire pro since getting my new laptop and have been on chat multiple times with absolutely no resolution - it seems I can work on a project just fine then randomly - generally while using ripple delete- it just crashes saying there's been a 'serious error'.

I'm coming on here to ask you guys if you've managed to find a fix for this becuase adobe help chat is UTTERLY incompetent - I've never experienced such pathetic and downright shady customer service in my life and I'm shocked particularly given how much we pay for this  software.

The latest joy I had was it crashed, I knew I had about 40 mins from the last save. i left the crash report on the screen for the person to read, i went on help chat for the share screen thing and said specifically to them 'when you are done reading that, when it says adobe closed unexpectedly do you want to reopen - I want to say YES because I want to save my work and the person not only didn't even bother reading the crash report, but went to hit 'no' but actually faught me for mouse control as I tried to click yes - you'd think that when they saw me trying to click yes some part of their brain would have gone 'oh ok she does want to open it', but no. The **** clicked no, and again numerous times when i'm trying to write in the chatbox, so I lost 40 minutes of work. I told them off saying I specifically told you NOT to do that, so why did you I've now lost a load of work because of you. Their 'solution' to this was to open a new document and then tell me to import my project files in there - essentially to start from scratch - ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH?!?! I lost 40 minutes of work because of that moron, and not one single word of apology was made. Not one. I got so mad I closed the chat before I lost my temper and tore him a new one and the next guy fannied around for 40 minutes without doing anything for minutes at a time and achieved nothing but at least he was polite. Although he tried to go into my dropbox files which he had absolutely no business doing?! Adobe what the hell kind of training do your customer service people get? cos it feels like you literally just pull any old random off the street and go 'here's a customer with a problem have fun'.

I asked for a comlaints address and was informed that adobe have no complaints procedure - this is a joke right?

How can such a huge company charge SO MUCH for a subscription and have no complaints procedure this is a basic customer right - and in the UK anyway it's a legal requirement for companies to have complaints procedures.

I can't tell you how much I resent that this software is industry standard becuase my god i'd love to cancel and use a company that isn't so shady.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey tashp27135623,

Sorry, I have not seen any issues with Ripple Delete on my M1. It seems normal. What kind of footage is this? Community, is anyone else seeing this?

I apologize for your bad experience with our assisted support agents. Feel free to PM me a case number, and I'll do my best to address the situation. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, honestly just hearing the word 'apology' from a company rep makes all the difference  - it's the first one I've heard- the guy who cost me 40 mins didn't offer one word of apology which is what got me so irate because it's just basic good manners if you mess up.

It's just a basic mpeg-4 file in there at the moment - one layer of footage - I'm in the assembly stages at the moment so all i've been doing is trying to fix the audio and do a rough cut so far and it's crashed at least a dozen times on me and it's not even a long video - it's like 10 -15 mins long.

I've just deleted premiere pro and am re-installing now which I really hope will resolve the issue. If not, next time it crashes would it be helpful to paste the crash report info here?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Tash,

Sorry again for the frustration. 

Sometimes what you may consider a basic file can wreak havoc on an average computer system. It's not your fault. Video files from certain sources are highly compressed these days. To combat this issue moving forward, I advise you to convert source video files in the freeware, Shutter Encoder - the new Swiss Army Knife of converters. 

You can try converting each file to another .mp4 or rewrapping it. If you don't mind large files, you can convert them to ProRes LT, which really edits nicely in any system. 

As an alternative, you can also create proxy files, which I do quite a bit. Try it!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines