Premiere Pro 22 Crashing

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,
I'be been using PR Pro 2022 and it's finally getting to me, ever since it's release, I've always crashed when clicking away from the application. Either, losing my progress or having to reopen the program in frustration. At points I've lost work at a consistent rate and it's just getting to that point where frustration is turning to anger. I have the latest drivers, my PC is more than capable, with a 2080Ti and an i9-9900K clocked at 5Ghz. If any other information is needed, let me know what and potentially how to get said information.
Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much RAM do you have?  and what are your source properties and sequence settings?  by any chance are you working with material shot on a smartphone or a screen recording?  If so, the issue may be variable frame rate sources which can have unpredictable and intermittent issues.  Here's how to diagnose and solve the problem

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32GB of RAM. I also edit footage from gameplay at 1440p, but even with 1080p I get this. I'll screencap my sequence settings. Yet, I've never had this issue before when using these settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as I said, variable frame rate footage can cause "unpredictable and intermittent issues."  so even though you never experienced this issue before, still worth while to download mediainfo (which is free) and see if it's variable frame rate or not.  and don't make the mistake of confusing variable bit rate with variable frame rate.     

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. Do you see any error codes or messages when it crashes? Are you working on multiple monitors?

Thanks,

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot recall any error codes. I technically do have multiple monitors, but only use the one for editing the footage. I use the other monitor for images and such relevant to the media I create.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines