• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 22 exporting videos as if I had maxed out exposure

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can anyone help me? My premiere is exporting my videos as if I had increased the exposure in lumetri color to the maximum, when in reality I didn't even change the exposure. When it shrinks in the clip, it exported a little better, but still as if I had changed it. I can't tell if it's a problem with the export or the sequence. Has it ever happened to anyone? Can anyone help me? In the screenshots below, the first shows the original video inside the premiere and the second shows how it was exported. Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey niXole,

Can you share a screenshot of your export and sequence settings? You might be using a different color space while exporting. Please refer to this link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-fix-saturated-over-exposed-hlg-cl...

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite possibly it's a color space problem. The media is probably either HLG, an HDR format, or a log the Premiere doesn't "manage".

You will need to go to the clips in the project panel/bin, right-click one or more clips, Modify/Interpret Footage, and set the Override option to Rec.709.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just started happening to me and I don't think it's a colour space thing as it's happening with my Sony A7iv footage (SLog3) converted to Rec709 and also my GoPro 10 footage. Tech support from Adobe fixed it for me 2 weeks ago by  resetting PP for me (effectively uninstalling & reinstalling), but it has just happened again for no apparent reason. I have attached a screen grab of the same section of a video - left side is the export, right side is the Program Monitor in PP. PP seems to be exporting a whole stop brighter for some reason. It must be a recurring bugand makes me think even harder about wether to migrate to Davinci Resolve or not, which has been on my mind recently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work in both Pr and Resolve daily. You are most welcome to it ... I use it when I have to, but personally the UI is just "off" for me. Plus it is so much less customizable.

And Resolve locks my Elements panel to only a few color things, doesn't allow any user-choice mappings, and doesn't map it for anything else. In Premiere, that panel does Track Mixer audio, sizing/rotation/placing graphics, color, about anything I want to use it for.

I take it you have gone to the clips in the bin, made sure to set the Override to Rec.709 for all of them? And yes, for all of them, even if "they're already Rec.709 ... ".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines