• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22 freezes during fast forward (Mac)

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since Premiere 2022 dropped, I can no longer play videos in fast forward mode (using L key). When i do, the audio will keep playing but the playhead and project monitor freeze, and all keys/buttons are unresponsive. I have to save and force quit premiere pro to fix it. I have not observed this to be a hardware issue, but rather an issue within premiere. Working on a 2019 16 in MacBook pro with 32 gb ram, and never had any issue with this on Premiere 2021. It has been like this since the launch of premiere 2022 at the end of last year, and I've yet to see any fix for this. The footage im working with in general is mp4/mov 4k 30 fps 8 bit. Even when i create low res proxies and preview in 1/2-1/4 quality, the issue persists. Anyone else dealing with this? Any fixes?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

Sorry about that. What's the source of the media files? Are they screen recorded footage? Have you tried transcoding footage? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-p...

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines