• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22 GPU Acceleration

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact GPU Acceleration hasn't worked for a long time.  I think the last version it worked in was 14.x.  If I select the Mercury GPU Acceleration then  I get a low level exception on Adobe Player (6,79, ...) and my project freezes ...  I can't play the video... I can't save the project... I can't exit Premiere Pro... I have to go to the task manager and kill it.  I'm dependent for my living on Premiere Pro and I need GPU acceleration.  This type of problem on such a high profile application is unexceptable.  I tried to find a 14.x version I could install but they only go back to 15.  This isn't a problem with my PC or graphics card.  It was working just fine in a version long ago.  HELP... I see others with the same problem and still no solution from Adobe.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro v22.0... have installed all updates... am trying to use GPU acceleration... running on Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full computer specs please. Which updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Windows 10 ver 10.0.19042
Dell - 7810 x64 Based -
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz, 8 Core
Physical memory 32GB; Available 18GB
AMD FirePro W5100 Graphics Adapter
AMD Driver 21.19.141.0

All far as I know OS, drivers and other software are upto date
Projects work with SW Playback Engine
If set to GPU Acceleration, project will not open correctly
- Video is not display, usually frozen so I can't select SW Playback
- Can't close project and have to use Windows task manager to terminate
All this worked great in Premiere Pro 14.2, but started in 15.1 as I recall.
Size of project makes no difference, nor does media types.
Same projects that worked in 14.2 do not work in 22.0

There's really not much else I can tell you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your GPU is now obsolete. Get a newer GPU if you're going to continue to run Premiere Pro version 22. You see, since May of this year AMD has EOL'd all support for all of its GPU architectures older than the GCN 4.0 version. Your FirePro W5100 is of the GCN 2.0 architecture. There will be no more new driver updates ever for these older AMD GPUs.

And since new GPUs are still ridiculously expensive right now, your only choice right now is to purchase a cheap newer GPU such as a Radeon Pro WX 3200 or a Quadro P620 as a stopgap measure, since as you stated the display is frozen badly enough at interface level such that you are unable to even select software only mode.

By the way, AMD has officially renamed the FirePro series of GPUs to Radeon Pro a few years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but not good news.  If I got a new video card I'm not sure how to install it... I'll just have to make do for now, somehow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines