• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22 playback and export problems with Sony footage

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely annoying problem with Premiere 2022 on my intel 2017 iMac Pro: Sony FS7 and FX9 footage sometimes freezes and won't play back, until I eventually errors about being "unable to access resource". Sometimes, the frozen playback is preceded by LUTs inexplicably disappearing during playback, only to reappear when pausing and restarting playback from before the clip.

Exporting to H.264 is also impossible - it freezes and eventually gives me the same unable to access resource error. When, on occassion, an export completes, I often have LUT and color interpretation issues, where the footage in the export flickers back and forth between flat LOG and normal contrast.

I have just finished wiping my entire iMac Pro, reinstalling the OS, and reinstalling Premiere Pro in an attempt to resolve the issue, but it persists.

The same project plays well and exports without problems on other computers in my office - including on 2019 iMac Pros - my 2017 iMac Pro is the only one struggling. This is a big issue for me because all our footage is coming in on FX9 and FS7 now.

Screenshots and system information attached. Really hoping to get some help with this.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More info: the footage is XAVC-I UHD 23.98, and what I'm describing is not a simple performance issue - the footage plays smoothly until the sudden glitches and freezes occur. It happens across many project files, and emptying media cache is not helpful (evidenced by the fact that the glitch reappeared immediately after wiping the entire mac clean and starting from scratch).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines