• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 23.0 Crashes On Launch During Splash Screen - no error report.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon everyone,

Got a launch crash issue that's been driving me nuts, and has seemingly just appeared as I've been working in PP fine up to this point.

When I try to launch Premiere Pro v23.0 from the Creative Cloud app on Windows 10, nothing happens. It doesn't launch.

When I launch the same PP from my Start menu, I at least get a splash screen, but then it dies and fails to launch into the program itself.

If I get a splash screen, PP appears in my Task manager, but quickly disappears once it crashes, so I can't try the 'End Task' solution.

I've updated my C++ redistributable as I saw on one forum, nothing.

Updated my graphics drivers (3070 Founders card with v. 526.47 driver as I saw as a solution, no luck.

Uninstalled and reinstalled every single piece of Adobe software from my machine and reinstalled, same issue happens once reinstalled.

Run back several versions before 23.0 and same thing. 

After Effects is having the same issue, but Photoshop is fine.

Wondering if anyone has had this kind of problem with 23.0 before? I've scoured the forums over the past several pages, and while I see issues from people with 23.0, they're not related to this crash.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*EDIT*

I've also tried disabling antivirus etc, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on win 11? If yes, then check my message: Welcome to Adobe MAX 2022 and Premiere Pro (v.23.0... - Adobe Support Community - 13276358

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Windows 11. Using Windows 10 here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about that. Could you try some suggestions mentioned here? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-troubleshoot-premiere-pro-crash-a...

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NEVER UPDATE TO THE NEWEST VERSION!

As always, the newer versions come with a TON OF BUGS. Updating to the new version is a BIG mistake!

I get BLUE SCREENs and creashes with a project that had no issues with 22.

I had to translate (change the text) of a project I made with PP & AE 22 without any issues.

I converted both PP and AE files to the newer version and only want to change some small parameters but PP keeps crashing! Missing deadlines and money here!

I'm going to revert to 22 and eventually move to resolve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines