Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere Pro 23.0 does not interpret my footage - Rolled back to 22.6.2

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you've all heard it before, but let the Beta testers take the heat on the early builds like this. Version 23 is NOT ready for Prime Time yet. You'll thank me later.

I inadvertently had AUTO update set on my Creative Cloud and launched my video projects to find that the software couldn't even interpret my footage. I ended up rolling back to 22.6.2, a much more stable version.

Wait until they work out the bugs with this version before you download it. That's my time...Keep editing!

Cheers!

Mod note: Please don't click every single tag; choose only an appropriate one. The title was changed to reflect your issue and for search purposes.

A jack-of-all-trades is a master of none, but often times better than a master of one.
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, for everyone ... PLEASE uncheck the default auto-app update item in the Creative Cloud app!

You should have it auto-update the CC app itself, but not the working applications like Premiere.

Next, when installing, ALWAYS uncheck that 'remove previous versions' option so the previous installs stay on your machine. My current desktop has back through 2019, and my secondary, older rig has back through 2014. This way you can work in any version you need with any particular project.

And when testing a new version, duplicate a project file then open the dupe in the new version. If it all works fine, great. If not, just keep going in the older version with that project.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've not had any troubles with 'interpreting' media in 2023, so ... what media have you had problems with, and what specifically were the problems?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
promo
COLLABORATION TIPS

Powerful video collaboration and approval features newly integrated in Premiere Pro