• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 23.1.0 and new bugs have appeared. Audio for MOV files are now out of sync.

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't adobe get it together. After every update there is something new broken. I updated Premiere Pro to version 23.1.0 and now my mov files audio/video are out of sync. I don't know why or how. Non of my settings changed. I opened up previous projects I've completed and they are out of sync also. I just want to get my work done. Someone please help me to understand this. 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, nocturnetouch,

Can you still open the projects in sync in 23.0? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I rolled back Premiere Pro to 23.0 and it works just fine. My Mov files are playing with the audio in correct sync with my current and older projects.  Other than rolling back the update I didn't make any other changes. That tells me that there is something wrong with 23.1 Thank you for your speedy reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Updating mid-project can sometimes be treacherous. Sorry about that. I hope we can get a Premiere Pro engineer to dig into your case.

In the meantime, maybe we can figure out what happened there by troubleshooting. Are you using proxies by any chance? Which camera shot these files? I'd be curious to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. I am not using proxies. I'm editing 4k 30/60 from an Iphone 12 pro max and a Iphone 14 pro max using HEVC and ProRes Codecs. Both of those codecs cut fine on version 23.0 and before.  I cut on a AMD 2950x, 128GB of DDR4 2667 RAM, 3-2TB Samsung 970 Pro NMVe SSDs OS/Scratch/Cache, 2x Nivida RTX 2080TI-SLI. I've noticed quite a few bugs. The most recent bug with the exception of MOV audio sync issues is when you copy and paste text into a graphic when creating scrolling credits. Premiere doesn't retain the formatting of the origanal text. It just copies as one long continuous line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines