• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 23.1 Exporting 1080P DNXHD SQ Issue- video comes out as a freeze

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using this workflow for many years, so this recent issue is making me crazy!

Starting with a PP 23.1 DNX SQ 1080p 59.94 Sequence Preset. Editing some short clips, then exporting a 30-45 second file.

Starting yesterday, the file that exports ends up the usual size, appears to be the correct length, and takes the usual amoount of time to render, but the clip is a freeze of the first frame for the full length of the clip.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas to get it back to rendering the full time line?

Has happened on 10 different sequences, rendered both one at a time in Premiere, and as a batch in Media Encoder. Didn't work either place.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Hey, so after looking through the replies of @TonyBrsd I tried a few things recommended. Turned out clearing the cache was the winner. Glad to get my stuff exported properly! Would be a good thing for Adobe to work on a Cache warning of some sort. Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted about this very thing. I have a 6 min video and about 4 clips in it that appear as a 1st frame screen grab. All other clips render fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so after looking through the replies of @TonyBrsd I tried a few things recommended. Turned out clearing the cache was the winner. Glad to get my stuff exported properly! Would be a good thing for Adobe to work on a Cache warning of some sort. Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

render and export are 2 different animals... rendering happens on timeline and cached and export is the final product ( usually mp4 ).

if you render dnx on timeline that is cached and you can see the progress ( takes time ).

export is different and that product is usually played using some kind of 'player' like VLC or whatever ( or uploaded to youtube etc. ).

be specific so we know what you are talking about....if you render and it freezes on a single frame that is one thing. If you export and it freezes on one frame that is another issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. Exporting and freezing on a frame. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you render as a high quality "mezzanine" format like the appropriate flavor of prores and then "use previews" when exporting, you should see if there's an issue before exporting...  aka "smart rendering"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's really weird. I use a pc and always proxy braw or sony log stuff or arriraw as dnx sq cause I export 720p usually ( mp4 h264 ) and never saw what you got. maybe something strange changed and installing the dnx codec again will fix it. I have no idea.  I do know that there are strange things that happen ... like my nikon d800 out of hdmi to atomos says 220x but in reality it's not listed as such when imported to editors ( use resolve and cs6)...mostly resolve. I don't think re-installing the avid codec can hurt you.  good luck.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines