• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 24.1 infinite loop crash

Participant ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening an older project with 24.1 and converting, skip a few missing media files and render files. System crashes get the pop up and the solution is to update to 24.1 (which is what I have). This loop begins all over again. Does anyone know the workaround for this? 

Apple Mac Studio (M1 Ultra)

iOS 14.1.2 (23B92)

128 GB ram

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of converting, open a new project and import the old project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion Bob, but no, back into the infinite loop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it say when you click View report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...skip a few missing media files and render files.

By @michaelcwelch

Try what Peru Bob suggest, iow creating a brand new project and import the old project you are trying to open into the new one and then skip ALL missing media files and skip ALL render files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything.  New project, pull in just the sequence. Uninstall - reinstall,  uninstall - reinstall a previous version, trash preferences upon start up, rebuild permissions, nothing works. It keeps telling me to update the app to the one I currently have. 

This version of premiere is so buggy. On a seperate project all kinds of weird stuff like not letting me drag effects on the timline. Not able to lock tracks. Why does Adobe continue to release these builds that don't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems in  the beta. Ugh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems in  the beta. Ugh. 

By @michaelcwelch

This indicates that there is a problem with your installation. I would have used the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to clean out the old installation followed by a new install. If that fails as well, do a clean install of the OS and start all over.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nah. I completely cleaned it out and reinstalled wtih older versions, latest version, beta version. I have been doing this for 30 years man. Laughable you say its my OS. More than likely bad piece of media or incompatable effect. Bottom line is this project is toast if I don't figure out a workaournd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines