Premiere Pro + After Effects = a pain

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with your video products is terrible! Constantly crashes the programs, although I meet all hardware requirements! For the money that I pay monthly, I expect something in return! You don't deliver that!

[Moderator warning: Profanity removed]

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you explain your problem in detail, we may be able to help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I say!? After the recent updates of PP and AE the programms crashes all the time. I have followed all the well-known advices you can found on the internet and on the Adobe website (=update drivers, clear media cache, Visual C++ update and so on and on), but it still crashes, esp. when editing the audio, but also after while when working on a project! When I fullfill the technical requirements (enough disc space, RAM. graphic card etc. etc.) I expect a programm to work for which I pay for - simply as that!

Not amsued at all!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meeting the minimum hardware specs for basic operations doesn't tell us much about what you've got, nor whether it realistically will work for especially a very heavy workflow like "Dynamic Link" comps from Ae open in Pr.

And the media used makes a HUGE difference ... H.264 is a mess to edit with, really, no matter how suited your hardware is for it. Plus it also matters a ton what effects and how complex your Ae comp is. A complex Ae comp takes a TON of hardware.

You can use say AfterEffects on a rather minimal computer, but performance will be slow. It still would meet minimal specs for being able to use the program. Same with Premiere. And that's what those specs are for ... the minimum hardware that that the program can operate with.

Using both together ... now that's putting a couple orders of magnitude more demands on the sytem right there. And takes a TON more hardware than the minimum specs to pull off with decent performance.

I've got a 24 core Ryzen, 128GB of high-speed RAM, Nvme drive for OS, another for all cache files. And a 2080Ti GPU, with multiple large internal SSDs for projects, media, and other things. DL comps in Premiere can still be slow if the comps are complex.

So even on my rig, I tend to complete an Ae comp, checking it in the Pr timeline for how it looks, then when it's done, I export a full media clip out of Ae, replacing the comp in Premiere with the actual video clip. Either in ProRes or DNx.

It just works better.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your point but the thing is that it crashes even on small project (=90 sec video clip) and without any specials or AE dynamic links. For example: I edit the audio in Premiere Pro by adding a Hard limitter + Dynamic filter + Equilizer = boom, crash! And it really is just a simple video with audio. No specials at all! This didn't happen before but after the recent updates it happen all the time. Of course I could switch back to an earlier version of PP, but this isn't a solution in the long run.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's an odd reaction from Pr, no question. So to puzzle out why you're getting that, which most of us aren't, takes figuring out what is going on with your rig. So ... it's back to troubleshooting 101.

OS/CPU/RAM/GPU, the media involved and what created it, and all effects used. Any 3rd part plugins or 'touch' of the media. That sort of thing. Maybe we can get this sorted.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines