• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro and Encoder crash, PP now 'Not responding'

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing in Premiere Pro this afternoon while a previous edit was rendering in Encoder when both programs crashed. When I tried to reload Premiere I got the circling blue wheel for about a minute before I got the Premiere Pro  'Not responding' message. I have tried updating PP, didn't work, tried unistalling and re installing, didn't work, tried completely uninstalling Creative Cloud and reinstalling, still doesnt work. It does the same whether I am trying to access a previous project or try to start a new one.

I have been running CC and PP on my NUC9i7QNX with an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 for 5 months without any issues.

Anyone have any suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

The above works for Windows also if you replace Launchpad with Start Menu, Dock with Taskbar and Opt with Alt. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the issue. Which version of Premiere Pro do you have? Do you have any third-party plugins? Could you check if permission is provided to the Adobe folder? https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

If this doesn't work. try creating a new user account and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am currently running 22.4.0 (build 57) but I only updated to that after the crash to see if the would sort it out. I have tried rolling back to earlier versions as well and none have fixed it.

I have no third partyn plug ins.

I have checked all the permissions as you suggested and none were denied.

I'm not sure how to create a new user account as my account is through the college I work for.

I have PP still working using Version 22.0.0 (build 167) on my MacBook pro which would suggest its not an account issue.

Thank you.

Jonathon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jonathan for the details. Are you getting any error codes or messages when it crashes?

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katika,

No error messages at all, it just hangs and then the 'Not Responding' message comes up.

I have managed to get the programme running now by pressing the Alt key while the programme launches and resetting the preferences. It has still stuck a couple of times after this but at least I am getting the programme to run. I have not had time to spend a day editing on it to see if the problem has cleared.

Jonathon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Launch Pr from a shortcut (Dock, Launchpad, Desktop) while holding down the Shift+Opt keys.  Opt resets prefs and Shift clears plugin cache.
  2. Keep the keys pressed until the main program window appears.
  3. Before trying to open any project or starting a new one, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your media cache files.
  4. Now try opening a project or starting a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I will try yur suggestions if this problem persists. I have managed to get the programme to run by pressing the Alt key while starting PP and clearing the preferences.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The above works for Windows also if you replace Launchpad with Start Menu, Dock with Taskbar and Opt with Alt. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I did try the cleaner tool, it did not solve it. I have managed to get past the 'Hanging' stae now by pressing Alt on PP startup and clearing preferences.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines