• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro and more Woes

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I've given up on updating most CC apps due to the, apparent by this forum, continuous woes each time there is an update. However what I, and I beleive a few others have discovered running the apps as an administrator seems to solve the issues. At least it allows me to get past the splash screen. 

I'm on Windows 10, 32gb RAM, 8gb on the Nvidia -not that is being used by CC (why is that?)- 

More important is why suddenly running apps in admin mode is the only way to make them reliable (well sort of)? As for you unfortunate Mac folks... sorry I have no clue.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users are actuallly working fine ... and of course, never post here. Why would they? So any help forum like this will always be slanted to the users having problems.

For some users, they will need the Admin priveleges for one or more Adobe apps, for others, not. Why? It depends on which version (home or pro) of Windows, and within those, how the permissions are set up in the OS. That's of course outside of Adobe's control.

As to the Nvidia GPU ... you don't say which, too bad ... but the GPU isn't simply an "accessory" to the CPU, it's used for specific things in PrPro, mostly color and resizing. So if you've got anything off the GPU Accelerated Effects listing, such as color and Warp, resizing/positioning of items, the GPU will get used as the CPU needs it.

Also, there are some 'hardware' uses of the GPU for H.264/5 decoding/encoding, but that has a lot of caveats ... IF you have the hardware encoding checked in the preferences, IF your CPU actually works with that. IF this ... IF that ... and I can't puzzle alll that out.

"Hardware" rendering for H.264/5 is faster when available ... software rendering is higher quality.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ususally I dont move to a major update, unless a couple of minor updates are pushed on the major version change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines