• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro and poor playback of RAW files

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do so many other editing programs play raw files back smooth except Adobe. Final Cut Pro, Davinci and Canon Cinema Raw Development all work fine. Premiere on the other hand is slow and choppy and has been for as long as I have used it. I don't want to use proxies, which is why I bought a new fast Mac with an M1 Ultra Chip. The chip came out a year ago. I don't understand why this this is taking so long for Adobe to play catch up.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

This is a support and troubleshooting forum. The product team doesn't frequent the forum, so I'm afraid your questions won't be seen or answered anytime soon. Sorry. 

Non-performant media issues can be solved by transcoding or using proxies. I apologize if that is unacceptable. 

I am sorry if you expected that RAW workflows would be more performant on the newer Mac hardware by now, Make a feature request or bug report here. Improvements are being made with every new version. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I don't think I worded my response properly due to my frustration. I would think that my issue would fall under support and troubleshooting. I have Canon R5C Raw LT files that play choppy in Premiere. The further along I updated Premiere the more poorly the files play. They will not play at 1/2 or 1/4 resolution and when I went to make proxies there was an audio compatibility issue that would not allow them to link. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with tech support and the only thing that worked was to roll back to Premiere to 22.0. That to me seems worthy of suport and troubleshooting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Sorry about the performance issues on these ARM machines and the current version of Premiere Pro. Others are having a similar problem.  Please file a bug, and I will advocate for a fix.

For proxies, create a custom proxy suited to your footage. In AME, create an encoding preset which includes the audio channels, then make an ingest preset from the encoding preset. Then, you can save that as the proxy preset in your Create Proxies dialog box. Let me know if you need guidance with that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines