• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro and Proxy/Interpret workflow

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the previous version of Premiere when I interpreted original footage from 60 fps to 30fps and then created proxies, I would be able to simply highlight all the files in Media Encoder (before they start processing) and interpret them all to 30fps. It would all be fine and dandy in the edit and frames would totally match up with original and proxies in the sequence. 

NOW...  for some unknown reason the interpret button is greyed out when proxy files get loaded into Media Encoder.   I thought to myself...  oh great, maybe they finally were able to sort this out and automatically adjust the interpreted FPS in proxy files...  but NO, it looks like that feature has simply been broken and frames dont match up as proxies are at 60 fps VS originals (interpreted) at 30fps...

how to fix? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't interpret the original footage.

Use the Time/Duration controls to set the footage to the speed you want. Then make proxies.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean like manually setting the speed of clips to say 50% speed kind of thing to convert 60 FPS to 29.97?   That kind of works BUT also now all the warp stabilizer clips need to be nested individually...  still feels like such a primitive work-around ... it seems like such a dumb problem to have...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beis300,

Check out this video. It explains the concept of achieving smooth slow motion for 60fps (and greater) frame rates really well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe Premiere Pro 2024 has fixed my proxy issue. Without interpreting footage, just making proxies — the 60fps and higher footage would stutter and not work correctly whenever I'd create proxies for them. Not sure what the issue was with that.

I have some files that come under weird proxies like screen recordings for example. Premiere would give me trouble with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Premiere Pro Proxy Workflow to work as expected, the frame rate of the Proxy should match the frame rate of the Full Resolution clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines