• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Audio Track Randomly Mutes, Ruins the Export!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe - I am at my Wit's end here. 

There is what appears to be a repetitive bug occuring that is destroying my playback, workflow and exports from Premiere Pro.

My video project has multiple audio tracks (sound design stack includes interview dialogue, SFX and musicbeds).

I'm having issues with my interview dialogue, situated on tracks A1-A4. I have A1, A2 and A4 muted.... (A3 is the cleanest track that I prefer, but I'm electing to keep all 4 tracks in case I need to pull bits from others). 

During playback, track A3 (my chosen interview dialoue track) will mute itself, then unmute... then mute, unmute... popping on and off (I can see the actual M button on the left side activating itself and deactivating). 

Guys... pardon my (redacted 😉 language here but....This is so **expletive expletive expletive** prohibitive and annoying!!!! Playback is a nightmare but the worst part is that it's destroying the actual export!! There are segments of my exported piece that are actually muted. 

The only thing that seems to impact this is if I move the move within the timeline, horizontally. 

I understand there is a dev queue and QA process here but I think this one warrants attention. If this was only impacting playback within the software I'd be able to deal with it. But the fact that it's actually affecting the final export is what the issue is. I can't complete the film with this bug!

Hope that helps... I'm not aware of any other steps I'm taking that would recreate this bug but I'm happy to help send screenshots where helpful.

Thanks for hearing me out!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

It sounds like you have some mute keyframes on that audio track. You can view those track keyframes and delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have some mute keyframes on that audio track. You can view those track keyframes and delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard thank you !! How in the world... there must have been a keyboard shortcut I was accidentally hitting? 

Really appreciate you hitting my question, my computer screen's life was saved by you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard is correct ... it is very easy when working with both mouse and keyboard shorts to accidentally set say a clip or track mixer to a 'write' or 'touch' status,  and so some other action by you unknowingly changes audio volume/levels ... or by shorts you accidentally set a mute action.

So those are the things to check when this happens. Expand the audio track, show keyframes ... and see if something is there. And also, make sure the Clip and Track mixer panels are in sight, and scrub or play through that section. If the level control for either moves during playback/scrubbing, there's your problem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, thanks so much for the advice! Will keep this in mind going forward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines