Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Auto Save files missing

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I worked on a project for a couple of days, then switched to another project and completed that. Today I tried to reopen the previous project but it's nowhere to be seen. I know it was auto-saved because that's how I reopened it earlier. I also noticed that every other project I've worked on, bar the most recent, is missing from the Auto-Save folder. Am I missing something here? These projects surely can't just cease to exist. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

more than likely the location of your autosave folder is not where you think it is.  do a search for your project name and see if it turns up, probably in your user/documents/adobe folder...  I'm wondering why the op was opening autosaves in the first place.  If your premiere project file is kept in place that you choose, you should be able to find it...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Did you ever get an answer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more than likely the location of your autosave folder is not where you think it is.  do a search for your project name and see if it turns up, probably in your user/documents/adobe folder...  I'm wondering why the op was opening autosaves in the first place.  If your premiere project file is kept in place that you choose, you should be able to find it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved both my day and hours of work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me?  glad to help.    I think we've all been there...  feeling overwhelmed and hoping someone will have the answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you............in future I will be adding 'save as' on top of the autosave so I'll have multiple copies all over the place.  No idea why autosave decided on putting it somewhere odd....but suspect probably my fault in not resetting it from a previus project.  Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not finding a Teams Project Auto save anywhere on my PC. Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys, i recently installed motion array graphoics, restarted my premiere pro and the last 3 days of saves has been deleted!!!!!

my auto saves are gone and so are my manual saves, is there any way to recover this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh me either. Auto saves are on every 5 minutes but I have no auto save files where they said they would be nor in the user/document/Adobe folder structure. Four hours of editing down the drain! This stinks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JoeCodeCreations, did you do a system wide search for .prproj?   Probably a good idea to tell us the operating system and  premiere version you're using.  And this is voice of experience, it may have taken you 4 hours to do the edit, but recreating it will go much faster...   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines