Premiere Pro being a pain in the butt

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open premiere pro, the app works fine, but after a while (5-10mins or so) the playback stops working. There is no error message. I can still save my work, and click on things, but I have to restart premiere pro for the playback to work. I cannot close the app unless I open task manager and close from there. I also have an issue making me unable to render things (from premiere and media encoder). The rendering process freezes in the middle with no error message and similar things to above. I think these two problems are linked.

The app used to work fine, but I haven't used it in a while, so I'm not sure what is making the issues happen in the first place.

PC Specs:

CPU: i5-1135G7

RAM: 8gb

GPU: Intel Iris Xe Graphics

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021
Short term fix: You need a larger, fast hard drive so that you can store your files locally. Long term fix: A more powerful computer.  See here: https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Recommendations

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to troubleshoot with deleting media cache, reinstalling, updating my pc and premiere, but nothing seems to be working...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you fix the problem? 

I have the same problem with i7-1165G7 Intel Iris XE / 16GB Ram. Its so annoying.. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 hard drive with 64gb free of 460gb

One drive which is full. The premiere pro files are saved in the onedrive. How do i make them get saved in the hard drive? everything defaults to be saved in the one drive and its rlly annoying

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short term fix: You need a larger, fast hard drive so that you can store your files locally.

Long term fix: A more powerful computer.  See here:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Rec...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peru Bob's right.  Never a good idea to work with media stored on the cloud and you should always keep a minimum of 10% free space on all drives and at least 20% on your startup drive.    Not sure why anything is defaulting to the one drive unless it's part of the setup of preferences for the one drive or the OS.   

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines