Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro breaks when imported media

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

When I import media in the the project folder it seems to break the entire program, it bugs out and everything doesn't update when i move things e.g. when I drag the timeline to look at the edit it movie the footage but not the bar.

A 1 second fix is clip the file option and it refreshes everything but once i got to move things again it breaks, Everything works before i import media once imported it breaks, I've tried different files as well.

I've tried installing the old premiere pro as well and i couldn't open the project file due to it being a newer version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by creating a new project and Copy and psate the sequence into the new one, it allowed me to import the media and countinue with my work.

Not sure how this happen and hope it doesnt come back. im Presuming the project got corrupted somehow, lucky now loss of work just some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didnt work, it broke again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's get some details.

How To Ask For Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry for bad explanation kinda frustrated at it.

When I import media it instantly breaks, it lets me move the timeline bar (cant think of the name sorry, it lets you look through your edit), once I drag it onto the timeline it breaks the UI/Interface and doesn't refresh or let buttons illuminate when hovered over. If i click the file button (on Windows 10) it all refreshes but continues to break again when I continue editing. At this point, you cant work with it.

*A fix that doesn't last too long is to create a new project and then Copy and Paste the sequence in, this allows me to edit/import for a while but broke again when I created a title and when it transferred to the Project:Bin it broke again. I thought the project might've been corrupted but this wasn't the case.

Eventually I have to either restart the program which wont always work or delete the footage from the bin and it fixes. I've given it time to load in; waited 20mins for a 2min clip, still broke it.

Im on the current version of Premiere Pro, its up to date.

its currently working, but the last time I said that it broke again. Im just making this in case it breaks again or other people have the same problem.

COMPUTER INFO

• Processor: Intel Core i5 4670K
  • Installed memory: 16GB RAM
  • System type: 64-bit Operating System
  • Motherboard: MSI g87 - z45 gaming
  • Graphics Card: GeForce 1070 8GB

PROJECT INFO

• Premiere Version: Premiere Pro CC 2018 (12.0.0.224)
  • Footage: videos offline, Iphone audio footage
  • TRT of timeline: 40 Seconds
  • Current project file size: 65KB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good start.  Keep going with the details.  (Use that guide.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I feel like thats everything, if you cant figure out what's happening from that explanation then wait till tomorrow when I continue doing the edit. If it happens I will record, im unable to do it at the moment due to it not happening but im concerned it will return.

I will update this if it happens again anytime soon, but if it stays fixed for a week or so Ill mark as resolved.

If theirs anything specific that you might want to ask that'll help, feel free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out a fix for this? I'm currently having the same problem and this thread is the only information i can find on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flotsam,

The OP had a 4th gen CPU. That's very underpowered for some workflows. Let us know your system and media type and that would help diagnose your issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this yet? Having the same issue and it is really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same here. I've never had this issue, and I'm working on a ten second project at 480p, so it's not stressing my system whatsoever. Hell, according to task manager my CPU is only at 20% and my Memory at 30%. It was working perfectly yeserday and that was for a MUCH larger project. It pisses me off that I can't put together a ten second meme because of it. I swear everytime I go to use Premiere it has another issue. At this point I honestly think it's better to start looking into alternatives and just never use an Adobe product ever again. I was raised using Premiere and Photoshop, so it'll be annoying to learn how to use other software, but I've had so many issues with them over the years, that I'm just done at this point. I find it difficult enough to work up the motivation to work on video projects in the first place, so having to spend hours finding ways to fix the programs every single time I go to use them isn't worth it. $50 a month is barely worth it, IF the programs worked 24/7, but they never do. I think I've just given up at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like the issue that I'm having now several years later. It's very difficult to describe but when adding or removing something from the project bin the program becomes unusable. Undoing the action that broke it, either putting the item back in the bin or taking it out, instantly fixes premiere and it works like normal. Obviously, you can't edit anything like this though and it makes the entire program basically unusable. I've tried a whole bunch of different fixes including using previous versions that didn't have this issue before but the issue carried over so it's likely a PC problem but I have no idea what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What surprisingly worked for me was closing the "Project" window/opening another one over it.

Screenshot while it was broken:

Future31345220l0ts_0-1695738502628.png

Screenshot after performing the action (not broken anymore):

Future31345220l0ts_1-1695738564278.png

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Dario

https://w4ke0pp.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem, I can't work at all.
Every time I try to import a media the software act weird and its unworkable.

Try delete cache, create new sequence, updated version of premiere to 24.3, updated card driver, playing with different option in preference. 
Nothing seem to work, every single time I import something the software break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines