• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro / Canon C500 Mark 2 Raw Video

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe working on the issue for Canon c500 Mark II Cinema Raw Users? The editing lag is far beyond the usual. I have tested it in all editing software(s) and it edits seamlessly, but when I edit on premiere software it lags and does not allow me to play 1 second of footage without cutting in and out.  Please update, the only workaround is transcoding our just simply editing it on another software, and I rather transcode because I love using premiere-pro. Please Help! If anyone else has a workaround or if you know of any future updates keep me posted. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're talking 10-12 bit, up to 6k, up to 2Gbps bitrate. I'm trying to restrain my surprise that you would try to edit that natively. Do you have the highest end computer build you can possibly use?

And even if you do: Are you working with proxies? That would be the normal choice in a RAW workflow. Unless the world has changed, you don't just work with RAW files without proxies or another type of offline workflow. That's just not normal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you Phillip, however, I have this C500 Mark II footage in the RAW format and it won't even export without choking and crashing.  Not sure if anyone else is having this issue yet, but for export I have to choose "use proxies" to even get a review file out.  How are we suppose to deal with final exports for color or finalizing for that matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines