• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Capture issue

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using the latest Premiere Pro version on my iMac. Up until last week i was connecting to my old Canon Elura via Firewire importing footage in the Capture module, seamlessly. Now it wont connect at all! Irt says Capture device offline. When i go into settings in the capture module to select the capture device, Premiere crashes every single time.  Ive uninstalled/reinstalled Premiere 3 times, ive even reverted two of the last versions of Premiere. oh, ive restarted my computer as many times, same result. Using another application im able to connect and download so its not a connectivity issue. Please advise. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the follwoing link for troubleshooting - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/cant-capture-dv-hdv-video.html

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked fine until a Thunderstorm killed all power and the Computer turned off while i was at work. Now when i try to set the DV in the capture module under settings i get this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robertm98079738!

Thanks for writing in. Let us know if the link provided by our community expert helps.

Let us know.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you folks seriously make Premiere un-usable with my Firewire while i was in the middle of a mass download of old family video? Why? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe has mentioned they might end firewire support. That being said you can use FCPX or iMovie as seen in the video below and import them into Premiere Pro. I used a Firewire DV converter but your camcorder will work the same way. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHWHE3ilBbU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines